Pioneer BDP-LX71 Sound Quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The review of the Pioneer LX71 mentions the sound quality when playing CDs is;

as talented with two-channel content as it is with multi-channel... it sounds dynamic and dramatic – instruments keep their natural
tone throughout, and the player displays a fine sense of rhythm.

Hmm. So what would a comparable CD player be? Is this as good sonically as an Arcam 73 for example. Maybe a bit better. Maybe not quite so good.

I know it won't be as good as a dedicated CD player but I am trying to work out what it is as good as. As these words all pop up in good CD player reviews too.

Could this be a one box source.....?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
groberton:

as talented with two-channel content as it is with multi-channel... it sounds dynamic and dramatic - instruments keep their natural

Hmm. So what would a comparable CD player be? Is this as good sonically as an Arcam 73 for example. Maybe a bit better. Maybe not quite so good.

I know it won't be as good as a dedicated CD player but I am trying to work out what it is as good as. As these words all pop up in good CD player reviews too.

I'd be astonished if it sounded as good as the Arcam 73 or similar. I would have thought it would be a match for something like the new Marantz CD5003 or similar.

A

Anonymous

Don't know about an Arcam 73 but I've tried the LX71 against my old Arcam Alpha 7 and although it sounds quite good, the ancient Arcam has greater detail, is much smoother and has better bass. Stick to a dedicated CD player if you have one & have the space for it.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
groberton:

as talented with two-channel content as it is with multi-channel... it sounds dynamic and dramatic - instruments keep their natural

Id say the cd performance is about as good as say a "higher class midi system? I own the arcam 73 cd player & ive always tried the cd performance with bluray players etc inc the pioneer lx71 & with my present player the Denon 2500 transport & i havnt heard any of em that even come close to my Arcam. i guess bluray player cd performance is good for some one who may be already using a midi system or hifi all in one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts