Pioneer BDP-LX55

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got my BDP LX55 today and very pleased. All seems to be working. Very solid build and excellent quality.

How do I update the firmware?Is it through a setting on the menu?

Need to get another Ethernet cable to connect it to my router.

Many thanks

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
ric71 said:
Just got my BDP LX55 today and very pleased. All seems to be working. Very solid build and excellent quality.

How do I update the firmware?Is it through a setting on the menu?

Need to get another Ethernet cable to connect it to my router.

Many thanks

Download off Pioneer website , stick it on a USB , Plug in select UPDATE + USB STORAGE options in INITIAL SETUP menu. Make sure you follow instructions off the Pioneer support website though to get it right.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
briinthesky said:
Hi

I am currently using a Pioneer BDP-LX52 which i am very happy with, but I am interested in trying the LX55

I was just wondering if anyone could say how much (if any) improvement there is over the LX52 in PQ and SQ ?

Anyone have any thoughts ?

I can give you a perspective from a 51FD if that's any use.

When i first changed over i didn't notice any difference..... so after being a bit miffed and thinking shoud have got an Oppo i persevered and over the course of a couple of weeks i started to notice some subtle differences.

Operationally it's faster even with a remote that's not very responsive.

Picture wise the colour pallet is more vibrant and detail sharper. These observations were not evident straight away but i started to notice this on veiwing bluray discs i was very familiar with.

Sound wise very difficult to put into words could tell it was different but wasn't sure if it was better or worse as sometimes it sounded better and sometimes worse. I know this will sound funny but in the end i put it down to burn in and just adjusting to the subtle change. On the SACD front however sound is fantastic. I do need to point out that my amp does not do PQLS multi channel.

IMO i can say that the LX55 did deliver an Improvement in PQ + SQ over the 51FD and i no longer wish i had got an Oppo which is good for me.

The LX55 is cheap enough at the moment to do the upgrade but don't expect a massive improvement but rather subtle ones.... subtle ones that do make a difference if you notice them otherwise you be wishing you hadn't bothered.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

Download off Pioneer website , stick it on a USB , Plug in select UPDATE + USB STORAGE options in INITIAL SETUP menu. Make sure you follow instructions off the Pioneer support website though to get it right.

[/quote]

Thanks Vic will do that. Listened to some Sacd last night and it sounded brilliant!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts