Pioneer BDP-LX55 PQLS Sound Dropping Out

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the PQLS Sound on their pioneer BDP lx55?

If I have the pqls setting 'on' when watching a blu-ray the sound either drops out completely or jitters. Turning the pqls to 'off' the blu-ray plays normally all the way through. Given I also have the Pioneer LX55 AV receiver this is disappointing.

Anyone know how to resolve this or is it a matter of waiting for a firmware update?

Cheers, Simon

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello mate

I have just got this player today - using PQLS with LX83 - just watched one of the twilights and watched a few periods of films I know as a test and I havent had sound drop outs yet.

I did get them from my lx54 when new but not since newer firmware.

Have you tried multiple films?

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I've watched a few different films. Ive only had it a few days. Bizarely I didn't have problems until today. It happens intermittently after a few minutes. I've not changed any settings since the initial set up until today to try and sort but no luck yet. When it works it's great!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
firmware then mate - I will most likely be the same if you return for a new one.

Was the same with the 54 to 83 when new.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I noticed I am only getting lip sync with PQLS enabled.

What have you done mate if anything - are you waiting for a new firmware or returned the player?

I would be interested to know if a new player fixes the problem but I have read on another forum that other people are having a few basic issues as well - so its likely firmware related

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I only ever have the problem when PQLS is enabled so I've just set it to off. Apart from this I have no other problems with the player so I think (hope) it is a problem a firmware update should resolve.

Shame really as Pioneer claim PQLS stops jitter when in fact it makes it worse.

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The new firmware update has sorted the problems I had with the PQLS.... So far anyway!. Another thread says the update also had improvemenst to picture as well.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
so far so good with the new firmware - Its fixed the few minor issues I seemed to have.

menu changes wasnt saving every time, i have not really tested that yet.

with LX54 there was at least 3 firmware updates that improved picture and so fingers crossed for even more to come.

Stunning BD Player I think - very happy with it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts