Pioneer A30 or Pure Compact P01

fant0mas

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy my first proper Hi-fi system for my apartment. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile but my goal is to get a system with good sound. I'm also limited with a budget of around 600EUR. I can get both of these options for that money.I can't decide if I should get a proper budget amp like the Pio A-30 with speakers in the range of Dali Zensor or Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s... or get the new Pioneer P01 pure compact system which got 5 stars on What HIFI? I wonder how different these two amps sound? Is the A30 much better than the little P01 amp? The P01 supposedly has a similar class D amp like in the A-70. Are the speakers bundled with the P01 any good compared to the Zensors or Diamonds?If I get the A-30 I will be stuck without a CD player for a while before I save some more money, but I'm mostly playing music through my computer via an external DAC. On the other hand the P01 is a complete package which should work well together.I will some time in the future get a turntable. A-30 has a built in phono preamp, no problems there, and I assume that I can hook up a turntable to the P01 via an external phono preamp to one of its analog inputs (CD, NETWORK). The extra phono preamp will still cost me less than a CD unit for the A-30.There are no other reviews for the P01 all I know is it looks great and that What HIFI says it's sound is close to a proper separates system.Please, help me decide... Thanks!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Well, if you have the choice between an all-in-one system or separates.........I would always take the separates route.

matthewpiano

There is no 'new' matthewpiano. I'm simply asking a perfectly sensible question. There is no real reason why the A30/PD10 combination should better than P01, especially given the fact that the P01 amplification is based on technology from the A70. Same manufacturer, same technology, smaller box...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts