Pioneer 720 series

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
PL-720, and it's various offsprings. Yeah, I know, it's jurassic.

Questions though: the cartridge that came attached with the Turntable Player is a MC cartridge. Specifically PC-3MC. The turntable is in the shop for some tweaking, the cartridge is likely getting replaced. However the amplifier in the series, SA720, does not have a switch for MM MC change.

Currently no electricity is flowing in the amplifier, likely a blown fuse somewhere.

Can someone tell me why there is no MM MC change though.

D

Deleted member 108165

priam said:
PL-720, and it's various offsprings. Yeah, I know, it's jurassic.

Questions though: the cartridge that came attached with the Turntable Player is a MC cartridge. Specifically PC-3MC. The turntable is in the shop for some tweaking, the cartridge is likely getting replaced. However the amplifier in the series, SA720, does not have a switch for MM MC change.

Currently no electricity is flowing in the amplifier, likely a blown fuse somewhere.

Can someone tell me why there is no MM MC change though.

A google search appears to bring up that it is a high-output MC at 2.5mv. https://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pc-3mc.shtml

Replacement stlyi appear to available but maybe a better idea to replace the cart with a decent MM.

D

Deleted member 108165

Can't be sure without the owners manual but the amp probably has an MM phono stage hence why a hi-output MC cart was fitted to the deck.

DougK said:
Can't be sure without the owners manual but the amp probably has an MM phono stage hence why a hi-output MC cart was fitted to the deck.

+1

If the amp was ever fitted with a MC phono stage it would have a switch. Logic would say that it only has a MM stage hence the lack of a switch. The high output MC cartridge fitted would work through the MM phono stage.

TRENDING THREADS