Pioneer 450 vs Pioneer 160 - which would you choose?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Just wondering if it was your money and it's £100 difference which would you go for?

http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-bdp-450

http://www.whathifi.com/review/bdp-160

Cheaper or more expensive one?

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
If you are just watching Bluray and your tv is calibrated(yours is) then the cheaper version I would buy

That's what I thought. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It would depend on the features I want (dual HDMI etc.).

Features don't matter, just picture. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
In your case, Gel, neither, since neither will have a better picture quality than your LX71, and both will have inferior sound quality.

:cheers: I am hoping I won't need one, it's just for multi region purposes I am considering it.

Burto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Buy a Sony player and invest in a DAC for audio.

I have a lx52 player and when it works its great. Picture and sound are both fantastic.

Pioneer firmware is nearly a year old and no update yet also player is very fussy with discs freezing randomly.

Spend more time trying to get it to work than watching the movie and its random some play ok some not.

Back to ps3 now for vision and plays anything without issues. Optical out for sound to DAC and sound is on par with the LX

Burto said:
Buy a Sony player and invest in a DAC for audio.

I have a lx52 player and when it works its great. Picture and sound are both fantastic.

Pioneer firmware is nearly a year old and no update yet also player is very fussy with discs freezing randomly.

Spend more time trying to get it to work than watching the movie and its random some play ok some not.

Back to ps3 now for vision and plays anything without issues. Optical out for sound to DAC and sound is on par with the LX

Will a DAC work for 5.1 surround sound and HD audio?

abacus

I have the BDP 450 which I chose after comparing with others. (Including more expensive players)

Have no problems with any discs freezing or not playing, however its media support is more limited than later models, plus Netflix is no longer available just YouTube and Picasa.

There are no analogue outs on the 450 so sound quality will be solely determined by whatever you have it connected to. (I use the Pioneer SLX 87 Receiver)

Build quality is quite good though making the Sony’s feel a bit cheap in comparison. (It’s a similar quality build to the more expensive Panasonic players)

When I bought mine it was a similar price to the BDP 160, although since I bought the 450 the BDP 160 price has dropped considerably, thus is probably now the better deal.

Hope this helps

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

abacus said:
I have the BDP 450 which I chose after comparing with others. (Including more expensive players)

Have no problems with any discs freezing or not playing, however its media support is more limited than later models, plus Netflix is no longer available just YouTube and Picasa.

There are no analogue outs on the 450 so sound quality will be solely determined by whatever you have it connected to. (I use the Pioneer SLX 87 Receiver)

Build quality is quite good though making the Sony’s feel a bit cheap in comparison. (It’s a similar quality build to the more expensive Panasonic players)

When I bought mine it was a similar price to the BDP 160, although since I bought the 450 the BDP 160 price has dropped considerably, thus is probably now the better deal.

Hope this helps

Bill

:cheers: That does help.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Dont buy pioneer buy panasonic - it works best with panny tvs due to chroma - they will be the best of the budget.

Buying anything else budget would be a mistake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts