Picture Quality On My Sky HD Amstrad Box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last week Sky replaced my Pace HD box with a new Amstrad HD Box as part of the product recall. Now I could be imagining things but for me the picture quality isn't nearly as good on ordinary broadcasts containing a lot of jagged edges and generally more grainy pictures, watching the Athletics last night on BBC HD the picture didn't seem as impressive as Wimbledon did a few months ago either.

Is this something else anyone else has noticed? Are there any output settings I can play with? I've noticed the other thread on here about BBC changing their HD broadcasts but I'm talking about ordinary free to air channels as well all viewed using my Sky box.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave75

I didn't realise Sky would also be affected by this until your comments today, doesn't look promising though. I had noticed a drop in the standard definition pictures as well - usually a problem I had only previously encountered with ITV sport's terrible picture.

A

Anonymous

Hi there Ming? You could tinker with the hd output resolution on your sky box. I had my Amstrad hd box installed on saturday, and the engineer set it to 720p, but i later set it to 1080i and the picture seems lots better.

A

Anonymous

Hi Coletti

Thanks for the reply, you were right the engineer had set the box to "auto" causing the box to output at 720p. I have changed this to 1080i manually and the picture is better although not as good as previously with the Pace, I shall put the remaining diffference down to the BBC for now.

TRENDING THREADS