Picking up an 8200CDQ for home loan today......

baz

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Well, at 4:30 today I'm off to ssav to pick up an 8200CDQ for a home loan....they're letting me keep it until next Thursday, very kind of them I think !

I actually called to see if I could audition the M-Dac, but they're still not expecting any in until the end of the month-ish...so he suggested I try the CDQ , as it has the same DAC stage as the M-Dac.

So, depending on what I think of it (I have a feeling I'm going to be impressed), I have a couple of options ;

1) Buy the M-Dac, sell my current Beresford 7510

2) Buy the CDQ and sell my Rega Jupiter, the 7510 and my Audiolab 8000S, using the CDQ as a pre for my 8000P.

Any bets on what I'll actually do ? Knowing myself pretty well (i.e. upgrade-itis), I will already have one eye on upgrading in the future (i.e. selling the 8000P and getting something more substantial) and will end up with the CDQ.

With that in mind, anybody got any good power amp suggestions for the CDQ ?

Also, any good tips for how to explain all this to Mrs. Baz ??

A

Anonymous

The CDQ is a damn fine spinner and IMO will be much better than your Rega Jupiter.

Audiolabs own 8200P would be a superb match power amp wise however other power amps from the Roksan, Arcam, NAD and Musical Fidelity series will work very well indeed. In saying that I've heard the CDQ with the NAD C275BEE power amp & the Cyrus Xpower and Monitor Audio GX50's and the B&W PM1's and they made for superb systems!

They were systems I was seriously considering before I decided that I wanted to stick to streaming and no CD's etc...

baz

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks hifilover,

I'm really looking forward to hearing it. I love the Jupiter and was, as I say, looking at the M-Dac to improve things with the new Sonos ZP90 (forgot to mention that), but it seems like a no-brainer if the CDQ is as good as I keep hearing....hence selling the 8000S, Jupiter and 7510, which would also lessen the hit of the £949 they'll be wanting me to part with (at least that's how I'll be justifying it to Mrs Baz...!).

No doubt they good people at ssav have some good advive re power amps too, but I will stay strong....for now !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts