Picked up some Chord Odyssey 2

Dom

2x 1.5m Chord Odyssey 2 for £10. Bit of a bargain.

It's gonna take some listening before I have decided it sounds better than the Valueline cable.

One question though, This has a red stripe to indicate positive, right?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
As long as the red line is connected to the same colour terminal on the amp and speaker..it can certainly be the +ve.

I would be surprised if you don't hear a difference....and if you do, hopefully you will like that difference.

Let us know either way.

Dom

CnoEvil said:
As long as the red line is connected to the same colour terminal on the amp and speaker..it can certainly be the +ve.

I would be surprised if you don't hear a difference....and if you do, hopefully you will like that difference.

Let us know either way.

The stripe is positive on both the amp and speaker. Yes, I will let you know what I think of the cable.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

The stripe is positive on both the amp and speaker. Yes, I will let you know what I think of the cable.

The stripe will bat for either side. What's important is you connect like-for-like.

I used FOUR runs of Chord Odyssey FOUR cable for my old Cyrus setup with two X-Power, erm, power amps. Two cores terminated together at each end for each channel. One cable fed HF+ and HF- on one speaker, a separate cable fed LF+ and LF- on the same speaker. Repeated for the other speaker. I could bi-amp with the twin mono configuration X-Powers any way I liked.

Overkill? Probably.

Did they sound great? They sure did!

I've still got the cables sitting up in the attic in a box waiting for a hifi that justifies dusting them off and getting them re-terminated.

Dom

Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

The stripe will bat for either side. What's important is you connect like-for-like.

I used FOUR runs of Chord Odyssey FOUR cable for my old Cyrus setup with two X-Power, erm, power amps. Two cores terminated together at each end for each channel. One cable fed HF+ and HF- on one speaker, a separate cable fed LF+ and LF- on the same speaker. Repeated for the other speaker. I could bi-amp with the twin mono configuration X-Powers any way I liked.

Overkill? Probably.

I've still got the cables sitting up in the attic in a box waiting for a hifi that justifies dusting them off and getting them re-terminated.

Sounds amazing, I'm sure it did sound great. Cheers for the post, nice read.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

The stripe will bat for either side.  What's important is you connect like-for-like.

I used FOUR runs of Chord Odyssey FOUR cable for my old Cyrus setup with two X-Power, erm, power amps.   Two cores terminated together at each end for each channel.  One cable fed HF+ and HF- on one speaker, a separate cable fed LF+ and LF- on the same speaker.  Repeated for the other speaker.  I could bi-amp with the twin mono configuration X-Powers any way I liked.

Overkill?  Probably.

Did they sound great?  They sure did! 

How you getting on with the dynaudios? Now that you are used to the sound. Is your amp getting hot at high volume?

Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

Overkill? Probably.

How you getting on with the dynaudios? Now that you are used to the sound. Is your amp getting hot at high volume?

What makes you think the Roksan amp is going to get hot driving something like the M20's?

Dom

Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

Overkill? Probably.

It's being repaired, I got an email from from Richer Sounds. Roksan are replacing a couple of sockets and it's having a full service and update.

TBH I would lying if I said I wasn't excited.

ATM I'm currently enjoying with the Cambridge Audio Topaz 10.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

The stripe will bat for either side.  What's important is you connect like-for-like.

I used FOUR runs of Chord Odyssey FOUR cable for my old Cyrus setup with two X-Power, erm, power amps.   Two cores terminated together at each end for each channel.  One cable fed HF+ and HF- on one speaker, a separate cable fed LF+ and LF- on the same speaker.  Repeated for the other speaker.  I could bi-amp with the twin mono configuration X-Powers any way I liked.

Overkill?  Probably.

What makes you think the Roksan amp is going to get hot driving something like the M20's?

Mine got very hot running dm2/7.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
DomCheetham said:
Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

Overkill?  Probably.

It's being repaired, I got an email from from Richer Sounds. Roksan are replacing a couple of sockets and it's having a full service and update.

Nice enjoy

Dom

Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Andrewjvt said:
DomCheetham said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
DomCheetham said:
CnoEvil said:

Let us know either way.

Overkill? Probably.

It's being repaired, I got an email from from Richer Sounds. Roksan are replacing a couple of sockets and it's having a full service and update.

Nice enjoy

Thank you Andrewjvt.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
No Sir. A Chord odyssey cable uses the same materials that every cable for 2 and 3£ per meter. Factory price is way cheaper than that. So you paid 10 bucks, that looked to be a bargain, for a massively overpriced cable at the start. But it's okay because it's a common practice in the cable-ster business. The most important is that you are happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts