Phwoar! Look at the cinema on that....

Interesting stuff!

I think the magazine should have a regular feature on readers' home cinema installs. Will give lot of nice ideas to readers wanting to install a home cinema. The CEDIA award winners are for drooling on - the readers won't necessarily connect with it, to get inspired to build their own system based on the ideas. Fellow readers' installation ideas is more appealing to replicate.

John Duncan

bigboss said:
Interesting stuff!

I think the magazine should have a regular feature on readers' home cinema installs. Will give lot of nice ideas to readers wanting to install a home cinema. The CEDIA award winners are for drooling on - the readers won't necessarily connect with it, to get inspired to build their own system based on the ideas. Fellow readers' installation ideas is more appealing to replicate.

Starting with yours, if I may be so bold...

John Duncan said:
bigboss said:
Interesting stuff!

Starting with yours, if I may be so bold...

:)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd say the entry-level CEDIA Award winners are attainable - remember that those quoted costs include the price of all the kit involved, as well as the design and installation fees...

Several of the media room finalists came in at well under £10K - some family holidays (and most family cars) cost more :)

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
But in terms of %age of the population it would be nice and frankly more realistic if a little more emphasis was placed on the sub£10k level. Logically (if that ever applied with HiFi) fewer systems at £100k+++ are sold. So yes a review of Mr BBoss would be a starting point.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bigboss said:
Interesting stuff!

Funnily enough, we used to publish a separate magazine called Home Cinema, which contained a whole series of readers' installs every month. Sadly it wasn't commercially viable and didn't survive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts