Photo types

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi,
Tried to upload some pics and it won’t allow jpeg files, can someone confirm the correct file types?

Thanks
You just take pictures on your tablet on phone mate and then click on attach file then take picture and then upload. You can only do one at a time though and you must be taking the picture and then uploading it, you can’t pre-take the photos.

Reactions: Series1boy
D

Deleted member 188533

You should be able to upload any supported file type. It shouldn't matter where that picture is or when you took it. I can't find a jpeg to test with but I don't know why it wouldn't work. You can always upload to one of the free external image host sites like imgur and link that if it won't work.

I haven't ever tried doing it from a phone so that functionality might be broken.

You just take pictures on your tablet on phone mate and then click on attach file then take picture and then upload. You can only do one at a time though and you must be taking the picture and then uploading it, you can’t pre-take the photos.
I don’t quite understand that either. Every other forum, and sites like Facebook, accept any picture stored on my iPad, except those that only accept links from a host like Flickr.
Here it says file type not accepted, so how do others manage?

Paul.

So modern iOS devices save files as a HEIF rather than jpeg, suposidly it’s higher efficiency. If you save your image to files it seems to convert to JPEG. This image threw an error when I upload from photo stream but works when uploaded from files.IMG_5601.jpg

If you want to default to jpeg then go setting/camera/formats and change from high efficiency to most compatible.

edit: op didn’t mention iOS but most recent posters did, hopefully this helps someone

Last edited:
So modern iOS devices save files as a HEIF rather than jpeg, suposidly it’s higher efficiency. If you save your image to files it seems to convert to JPEG. This image threw an error when I upload from photo stream but works when uploaded from files.

If you want to default to jpeg then go setting/camera/formats and change from high efficiency to most compatible.

edit: op didn’t mention iOS but most recent posters did, hopefully this helps someone

That’s helpful. Quite by accident I discovered that pics taken with my iPhone or iPad are saved as JPEG, whereas screenshots are saved as .png. So if I screenshot an existing pic it works, but if I edit the screenshot, typically to crop it, then it’s saved as JPEG and won’t work here.

It still doesn’t explain why the site needs to be fussy when many forums aren’t.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts