Phono stage

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
My Project turntable already has a built in phono stage, as does my Marantz amp so at the moment my turntable is hooked up to an aux input, now I really could do with this input for something else so the question is if I put the turntable into the amps phono input will I cause any damage or will one phono stage cancel the other one out and sound OK, any thoughts please.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Unless there is a seperate switch/button to turn off the Project's in-built phono amp, then no. There may well be so obviously check your user guide.

kitkat:My Project turntable already has a built in phono stage, as does my Marantz amp so at the moment my turntable is hooked up to an aux input, now I really could do with this input for something else so the question is if I put the turntable into the amps phono input will I cause any damage or will one phono stage cancel the other one out and sound OK, any thoughts please.

You could always plug it into the 'Tape' section.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
kitkat:Yes I tried that, all I get is a very quite sound with the volume to max, can just hear it
This suggests to me that the Phono amp on your TT is switched off. Do you get the same level of sound from Aux and Tape inputs.

A

Anonymous

That's because you can't turn it off. In fact, the manual states explicitly that you should not connect to the phono input of an amplifier.

Have you connected to the tape in or tape out?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
kitkat:And yes its fine in any other input, cd, tuner and aux.
Connect your CDP into your tape input then and see if quiet it proves your tape inputs faulty~
Edit Or as lhc says mislabelled.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts