Phone Pre Amp Problem

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
First of all, please excuse my ignorance. Now for the question. I've inherited a Pathos Classic Remix integrated amp and a Pathos In The Groove phono pre amp. I've tried to hook up my rega RP3 through the preamp connected to line level input on the amp but i'm not getting any sound. I've tested the amp with my rega apollo cd and its fine. So it seems I am doing something wrong with the rp3 set up.

I've made sure I'm connected the RP3 to the preamp input and have cables from the preamp output going into a line level input in the amp. I've also turned the preamp to the MM setting as the RP3 is fitted with an ortofon 2m blue.

I know my RP3 works as I have it running through my brio R amp.

So, as I say, I can only assume I've done something wrong or i'm missing a piece of equipment or something.

Would welcome any input/direction as I'd like to keep the pathos gear as its lovely, but if it doesn't work with my turntable, I'll have to as I don't know what else to do.

Thanks!

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
ok, its official. I am a complete idiot and deserve all the grief I get for this....

Having read the preamp instructions cover to cover, having flipped the switch on the back of the preamp power block and seen a nice warm amber light come on the preamp, what the instructions didn't say (and I didn't realise until just now) is that you have to press the button twice on the front of the preamp and that little amber light goes from amber (standby) to green (on).

the sound is astonishingly good so I am definitely keeping them.

next up, I'll be asking people what that yellow shiny thing is in the sky and why it goes away in the evening....

ok, its official. I am a complete idiot and deserve all the grief I get for this....

Having read the preamp instructions cover to cover, having flipped the switch on the back of the preamp power block and seen a nice warm amber light come on the preamp, what the instructions didn't say (and I didn't realise until just now) is that you have to press the button twice on the front of the preamp and that little amber light goes from amber (standby) to green (on).

the sound is astonishingly good so I am definitely keeping them.

next up, I'll be asking people what that yellow shiny thing is in the sky and why it goes away in the evening....
Glad you're sorted and it was simply a case of neglect to RTFM..... :) Nice looking piece of kit that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts