Phillps 32PFL9603D Discontinued

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
So after reading excellent reviews about this TV, much to my dismay I find that it has now been discontinued :( There is a new model the 32PFL9613D but it has no review. Anyone know why this TV was discontinued

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
TV models are starting to have a lifespan of a winged insect! The average TV set gets replaced after a year (sooner if stocks sell out) - but often models stay in the market for a while longer if you shop around.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
So it was discontinued due to its short lifespan. Guess I have to now go for my second choice which was the Sony KDL-32W4000. I know its been given a 5 star review. Would you recommend it?

A

Anonymous

I think what Clare meant was the lifespan of the maufacturing of the model was short, not that the TV has lifespan issues. You will still be able to buy it at most retailers if that what you want.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed - nothing wrong with the Philips: just superceded by newer models.

We have a Supertest of 32in sets in our next issue, out Jan 8th - it includes the Sony W4000 against a range of fresh rivals, including (if I remember rightly) the latest Philips model

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
awesome.... can't wait to read it. but Im still unsure what size screen to go for.i My viewing distance is 7ft away. But all these guides about ideal viewing distances and calculators are saying I should go for a 40+ inch tv at that distance to appreciate full HD. Problem is the prices go up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts