Philips LCD - White flashing light on the front

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I know this has been mentioned in posts but does anyone know what the flashing white light on the front of a Philips LCD means? I understand that it could indicate an error code, mine is flashing 18 times, each time it is turned on.

I've tried to get a response out of Philips but it's like getting blood out of a stone.

A

Anonymous

This is a "product feature". It is just an indication your TV is starting up (note your LCD TV is in fact a Unix based computer)...

A

Anonymous

Lambechop

I have a 37PFL7603D and it flashes 13 times, I am sure it does not matter how many times it flashes and again its just an indication it is turning on

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Lambechop:
Hi Guys,

I know this has been mentioned in posts but does anyone know what the flashing white light on the front of a Philips LCD means? I understand that it could indicate an error code, mine is flashing 18 times, each time it is turned on.

I've tried to get a response out of Philips but it's like getting blood out of a stone.

As mentioned this sounds normal, but if you're worried let me know the model number and I will check with Philips.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Perfectly normal. Does the same on my Philips TV. It takes about 14 seconds to switch on (I'm sad enough to have timed it!), and during that process the white light flashes. Bit like a computer booting up. Nothing to worry about.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
hi i have the philips 47pfl7404 and when i first switch it on the philips logo is displayed with the flashing white lights it then switches to black screen. at first i thought the tv broke but what i've come to realize is that when you power up the tv it displays the philips logo switches off then you have to go and push the power button on the side of the tv it then turns on and displays a picture as its supposed to it sounds crazy but i think this how it operates i'm used to it now and don't see it as a fault other than that this tv performs flawlessly.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks all who replied. I eventually received a call from Philips, who have discussed the operation of the set, and who were good enough to give me the 'optimum' settings for the screen, however these really are a matter of personal taste so I won't be publishing them here.

TRENDING THREADS