Philips HTL9100 soundbar.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Was chatting with my Dad yesterday about him binning my old hand-me-down DAV-S550 - which has been playing up for a while now, and my Mum hates the wires - in favour of a soundbar.

He was chatting about the Bose Solo, I mentioned to him the Philips HTL9100. He liked the idea of 'proper' surround when watching movies and my Mum especially liked the idea of no wires. OK, it's almost twice as expensive as the Bose, but he's not adverse to spending out on the right product.

I have a couple of questions though which I don't think I saw addressed in the review.

1. Is the sub also wireless?

2. Does the HDMI out support ARC (Not a deal breaker as their current TV doesn't, but thinking about the future)

3. Am I right in thinking it does NOT decode any of the HD sound formats?

Also might have to think of an elegant solution of 'jacking up' the TV, so the soundbar doesn't obcure the remote operation of the TV... :?

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Cheers Rod. :clap: 1 down, 2 to go.....

this review may help you

http://www.avforums.com/review/philips-fidelio-htl9100-soundbar-review.569

It looks like it supports ARC out but not the HD sound formats

GBR1

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread a little.

i am looking at getting one of these as well, does anyone know if when you play stereo music this comes through the detachable rears?

I ask as when I am not using it for simple TV stuff I wondered if I could put the detachable sides into my kitchen (very close to lounge) for stero music?

many thanks, and once again sorry for the thread hijack..

GBR1

Bluezip82

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I have had this unit for a few months now and I think its superb for my needs. If you detach the side speakers the music will continue to play wherever you go in your house but sounds better if its not too far away from the sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts