Philips Aurea 40PFL9904 AMBILIGHT LED TV - £999.99

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Audiovision Sheffield are selling the Philips Aurea 40PFL9904 AMBILIGHT LED TV for an astonishing £999.99. Extend the 2 year warranty to 5 years for an extra £190.00. According to Audiovision this TV's RRP was £2,299.99, but they did retail for up to £3,999.99.

I was at the What Hi-Fi? Bristol show at the weekend and was chatting to a Philips rep at their stand about the inbound range of their 3D TVs (due in shops late summer) and mentioned I am a big fan of Philips Ambilight technology, having had an earlier model with this for the last 5 years. He said that Philips had imported the last extremely limited stock of the just discontinued Aurea 40PFL9904 into the UK, to selected retailers and it could be had for as little as £999!! He gave me Audiovision Sheffield's phone number and I have secured one. They only have 6 of them left so if you are interested be quick.
This is the most recent generation, as their were a few generations before it; it was still in the Philips catalogue handed out at the Bristol show. They are NOT 3D TVs, so be aware of that.

Cheers,
SonicD

A

Anonymous

Nick, I saw this TV in your shop today and it also had the RRP of £4000 on it. Can you let us know where the £4000 RRP came from? As you say, it uses the same technology as last years 9704 which only had an RRP of £1800. How on earth can a frame with a few LED lights on it that make it look like a disco ball add £2200 to the value of it?

Crazy! This TV was never worth and must never have sold for £4000.

A

Anonymous

Amazon do this and I find it very un-profesional. they rely on a price that the tv was never sold for, just to get business.

I would love to see this tv being sold as well for 4000.00

Seems false advertising to me.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. This TV really was £4000. When we bought our first batch there were several retailers still advertsing online £3800ish. I can't find those links now search engines find all the new pricing.

What a product is worth is down to the individual - is a Rolls Royce worth £300k? Not to me. The product did sell for £4000 though.I have several price lists with the most recent dated May 10 showing a buy price that would reflect a circa £4000 price tag.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Amazon do this and I find it very un-profesional. they rely on a price that the tv was never sold for, just to get business.

I would love to see this tv being sold as well for 4000.00

Seems false advertising to me.

I would be careful with your words, you are making some bold claims about Amazon and I do hope there is no insinuation that my company is doing this. There is no false advertising here

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:

Sorry for the late reply. This TV really was £4000. When we bought our first batch there were several retailers still advertsing online £3800ish. I can't find those links now search engines find all the new pricing.

What a product is worth is down to the individual - is a Rolls Royce worth £300k? Not to me. The product did sell for £4000 though.I have several price lists with the most recent dated May 10 showing a buy price that would reflect a circa £4000 price tag.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-40PFL9904-Ambilight-Active-CENTRE/dp/B004MES83G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts