philips 9000

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We will continue to push for a response.

And we haven't bought a Philips set yet for the simple reason that we've blown all our kit-buying budget recently on other, more mainstream sets from LG and Sony.

And no, we don't 'buy, review and send back' - that would be dishonest to the retailer concerned: we buy and then sell on where needed.

A

Anonymous

This is the main problem right now with Philips, some say that there is a problem others say that there isn't depending of the country. This isn't really helping Philips reputation.

This is from another user in UK:

" Was just contacted by Servicespeed (contracted engineer/service company by Philips), who picked up my TV on Monday, to say that they are bringing it back today..... because they can't find a fault with it. I told them that when one of their engineers came round he admitted the problem, but they were firm and said they checked it all over, hardware/software, and couldn't find a fault."

A

Anonymous

I think its disgusting for such a premium TV thats there own service guys admit the fault and then Philips denied it! I know we should not speculate but posting his progress on forums philips may have seen this and don't like it as if fixed they would be admitting to the problem!

Just an update from that site from the user:
>>>>>>"To update you guys once more. I plugged it in with the delivery guy from Servicespeed in the lounge and hey presto, he heard it too. So it's gone back with him for another round of "tests".

I have to say when it arrived back they certainly played with the settings, it was all over the shop. Especially the contrast (up to 87,... yuk) and brightness. Also they had been playing with the sound settings and cranked down the treble. But I'm thinking they are just not getting/understanding the problem and are too cautious before they send for any replacement parts. I think I'll ring Servicespeed up and check if they can get it shipped back to Philips for their engineers to have a look at...

Oh and to think that even someone (me) with damaged hearing (perforated eardrums and damaged hearing nerve) can hear this and the engineers can't,... outrageous !!"<<<<<<

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Can you both stop quoting from other sites unless you have the express permission of the original author and the site owner to do so?
And actually, since there seems to be all that discussion on other sites about this problem, why are you discussing it here, not there?

A

Anonymous

I assume here because What Hi-Fi is a respected website and has good contacts with Philips (and others) and if they cant get an answer what chance does the man on the steet have :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Very kind, but I am still concerned that what we are mainly discussing here is what people may have read on other forums, about which we have no information regarding provenance or intent, and that we may be running into copyright problems with all this quoting from such sources.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Please calm down. We do, of course, research these issues, but would prefer to keep these Forums discussing the real-world experiences and opinions of users, rather than quoting second-hand sources.

A

Anonymous

There is no second hand sources. I am a user that experience the problem of the noise and just telling my story.

Other than that, this TV is the best in the market. The Quality of the image is the best I have seen. The blacks are real blacks. If this wasn't the case, I think that people would just went to another TV and didn't even take the time to pressure Philips to get it fixed.

But this TV is worthed the effort. After the issue is fixed, I will recommend anyone to buy one!

Here is a photo and see that the Sun is hitting the TV and you still can see the image!

http://i52.tinypic.com/24c64nc.jpg

A

Anonymous

dluis:
There is no second hand sources. I am a user that experience the problem of the noise and just telling my story.

Other than that, this TV is the best in the market. The Quality of the image is the best I have seen. The blacks are real blacks. If this wasn't the case, I think that people would just went to another TV and didn't even take the time to pressure Philips to get it fixed.

But this TV is worthed the effort. After the issue is fixed, I will recommend anyone to buy one!

Here is a photo and see that the Sun is hitting the TV and you still can see the image!

http://i52.tinypic.com/24c64nc.jpg

Same for me I was a user that experienced the problem with 2 of the 32" model here is a pic of mine and still have the copy of my reciepts http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll32/aibo82/Menu.jpg

I am now waiting on a pre-order from my dealer that I was going to get this tuesday but he tested it befor sending it out and found the problem with it (noise) and 1 other and also a 46" 9705 hes since sent all 3 back and awaiting a reponse from philips like your self! I am truly gutted after waiting since this product was announced 8 months ago!

I moved upto to the 40" for its 3D as the 32" has no port for 3d and its just a fantastic set I'm eager to buy! I still miss my 32 but like others will not accept such a defect!

I hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel soon!

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

Just curious, but how come you two always post within a few minutes of each other?

It's like some weird tag-team thing...

And they both have pictures too
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS for abusive language and defamatory accusations. Really not sure how you behave on other forums, but coming on here accusing members of staff of being affiliated with a manufacturer and protecting them is likely to land you either a) banned or b) in court.

First and only warning.

A

Anonymous

Im sure the WHF staff are just trying to help + they can easily see the IP's you both post under to see if your using the same account.

I know you are not as you both spend a lot of time on the other forum and dilius and you have both had a horrible time trying to get info from Philips.

So lets calm down and see what they say - i notice they didnt reply today so lets just wait.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SOSAGES:I know you are not as you both spend a lot of time on the other forum and dilius and you have both had a horrible time trying to get info from Philips.

Will you PLEASE stop going on about what happens on other forums? It's of no relevance here, and probably best discussed there.

(By the way, is this the TV that just won a pan-European award?)

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
SOSAGES:I know you are not as you both spend a lot of time on the other forum and dilius and you have both had a horrible time trying to get info from Philips.

Will you PLEASE stop going on about what happens on other forums? It's of no relevance here, and probably best discussed there.

(By the way, is this the TV that just won a pan-European award?)

best tv thats not on sale 2010? closely followed by the sony hx903
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS for House Rules and questioning moderation. So now we have both of you on a warning...

USER NOW BANNED as requested, and for repeated House Rules abuses

A

Anonymous

it did win a nice award (which is why some people thought it was delayed so they could update packaging/promo material etc)

some people are doubting the award as they are unsure if the TV's release/availablity make it able to win.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Yeah, dive in why don't you, max? This thread couldn't get any madder...
sorry mr e, i couldnt resist it
emotion-10.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SOSAGES:(which is why some people thought it was delayed so they could update packaging/promo material etc)

But how could it have won an award if it wasn't even available?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts