Philips 32PFL7404 v Panasonic TX-L37S10

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Help please guys! I truly HATE having to ask these A v B question's but here's my situation.

I'm going to be buying a new telly for my bedroom next month and had set myself on the Philips. I've only ever bought Sony TV's in the past but due to all the clouding issues reported here and elsewhere that's a definite no no (bring back Trinitron!); quality being my prime consideration. Now I've discovered that I could get the 37" Panasonic for around £50 less, which is an obvious temptation and now another consideration. However, I'm not going to be able to demo these side by side in a shop or even in the same town (will be 25 miles just to view the Philips), so any views on how they might compare?

Now it won't be used for gaming, but will be viewed in SD for TV and HD through Blu Ray. My main concern is motion blur as a lot of movies I watch are "action" type, and also will be watching sports through standard TV. Do things like 50hz processing make that great a difference over 100hz, for example?

I really detest being in this position and I'm finding it quite stressful to be honest as my mind had already been made up , but just happened to notice the Panasonic when checking out Blu Ray's on line and that is how this can of worms opened up!

Many thanks for any input guys.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
i would definately go for the philips i own this tv in the 47" and just brought my girlfriend one in the 32".

the picture quality is sharp and fluid and i think that lcds benefit from the 100hz refresh rate it can have a negative effect though some people complain about the video like appearance or things look abit speeded up but i like smooth motion and don't see it in that way.

it would be good if you could get to demo them and theres even a review that the whf team have done of this tv on here giving it a five star review to hope this helps you.

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:Help please guys! I truly HATE having to ask these A v B question's but here's my situation.

I'm going to be buying a new telly for my bedroom next month and had set myself on the Philips. I've only ever bought Sony TV's in the past but due to all the clouding issues reported here and elsewhere that's a definite no no (bring back Trinitron!); quality being my prime consideration. Now I've discovered that I could get the 37" Panasonic for around £50 less, which is an obvious temptation and now another consideration. However, I'm not going to be able to demo these side by side in a shop or even in the same town (will be 25 miles just to view the Philips), so any views on how they might compare?

Now it won't be used for gaming, but will be viewed in SD for TV and HD through Blu Ray. My main concern is motion blur as a lot of movies I watch are "action" type, and also will be watching sports through standard TV. Do things like 50hz processing make that great a difference over 100hz, for example?

I really detest being in this position and I'm finding it quite stressful to be honest as my mind had already been made up , but just happened to notice the Panasonic when checking out Blu Ray's on line and that is how this can of worms opened up!

Many thanks for any input guys.ive never heard of clouding on the smaller sonys ...seems to be 40" and over that may be affected..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts