Phil Collins

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bought his latest compilation offering in Asda the other day for under £10. Got it solely based on the Dairy Milk ad. with the Gorilla drumming - so cool. Didn't realise I knew so much Phil Collins. In the Air tonight sounds absolutely amazing, and when the drums kick in, it's simply euphoric on my new setup. Not really much to the song that would test a system properly but a great one to whack the volume up and enjoy.

Also picked up Massive Attack - Collected and Radiohead - OK Computer on 2 for £10. BARGAINS. Bit more to those albums.

But the one that keeps going in at the moment is Dntel - Life Is Full of Possibilities. Absolutely stunning piece of audio art.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Click here for everything you'll ever need to know about the recording, meaning and mythology of In The Air Tonight, courtesy of the mighty Wikipedia.

Must be even more depressing to know that the most notable track you ever recorded in your solo career was 26 years ago...

A

Anonymous

OK- no Phil Collins on this froum then. But the wilkipedia article is all good really - didn't notice any negative stuff there. I sill say the explosive drums at the end are amazing, even if they come from a drum machine. Owning a Roland sequencer myself, I found that very interesting,- maybe he can giv me a few tips...

A

Anonymous

i think that you should look at the way genesis has produced 2 of the best solo artists.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]but I'm not sure Mike and the Mechanics were that good... [/quote]

Their not bad live. I saw them at the Albert Hall. They did their songs and a few Sad Cafe no.s

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="richardjlarby"]i think that you should look at the way genesis has produced 2 of the best solo artists.[/quote]

Peter Gabriel stuck to his style but Phil Collins sold his soul to the commercial dragon to get where he is (and took Genesis with him)

Don't get me wrong I like him in early/mid/ Late-mid Genesis and his work with Brand X , but when he turned his back on everything that made Genesis special- that's the bit I don't like.

"The term 2 of the best solo artists" is very subjective. One person might like his music while others (like me and most old Genesis fans) think its commercial twodle pandering to the masses and the $ sign. One could argue that groups need to evolve - to grow. This is true but while groups like Pink Floyd and Yes did grow they maintained their core spirit which did not alienate their core fans, this can not be said of the late Genesis.

A

Anonymous

Was in Asda yesterday weighing up the 2 for a tenner bargains again. Saw a Genesis compilation and Dido Life for Rent but came out with Feeder-The Singles and Damien Rice - O... Well, the missus likes feeder so I considered the comprimise. Don't mind feeder myself, going xmas shopping today so we've had i on and it's shifted my hang over over a couple of croissants and put a smile on my face.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts