Pet hates

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
put me in the stupid pile as I have bought 2 - but my system sounds great with them in it - I dont know if that actually makes me stupid?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
giphy.gif

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
more ‘jcat’ meaning:

Any person who is mentally unstable or requires psyche drugs to maintain.

An individual who is looped up on psychiatric medications.

A psychotic breakdown.

origin; bay area, california. 1)a person who is considered a *** or gay by their peers. 2)someone who is considered to be an idiot. 3) an irritating person

A person who does not follow through on something that they said they would do.or they fake on something that was planned out...

The jcat cable guy has a twisted sense of humour?

Not only content to rip gullible people off but to mock them also while doing it.
Very clever

woodbino

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Who takes What HiFi reviews seriously?

I just read them for a laugh now - when they review mains leads and talk about 'clarity' 'rhythm' 'sonic separation' and other randomly generated adjectives, they loose all credibility.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I can’t wait for jcat RAM.. ellis, did u copy that? your music is played from RAM.. it’s time for jcat RAM only separate component, 20kg dedicated linear psu, isolation platform, magic crystals..

by the end of 2028 you’ll have every piece of a pc in a separate box powered by another box so you’ll no longer have room to sit down and listen to this mess

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
I can’t wait for jcat RAM.. ellis, did u copy that? your music is played from RAM.. it’s time for jcat RAM only separate component, 20kg dedicated linear psu, isolation platform, magic crystals..

by the end of 2028 you’ll have every piece of a pc in a separate box powered by another box so you’ll no longer have room to sit down and listen to this mess

reminded me of those tv shows about hoarders

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:
I can’t wait for jcat RAM.. ellis, did u copy that? your music is played from RAM.. it’s time for jcat RAM only separate component, 20kg dedicated linear psu, isolation platform, magic crystals..

by the end of 2028 you’ll have every piece of a pc in a separate box powered by another box so you’ll no longer have room to sit down and listen to this mess
I already have shielded ram and ram filters no need to buy anymore.
If you could isolate each piece of the pc from each other that would be best I am sure but that's a bit beyond me right now.

I would say if I bought all this stuff and was getting average sound only I would feel stupid
But that is not the case so you can label me anyway that makes you feel better doesn't make my system sound any worse to me.

In fact soon it's going to be sounding a whole lot better I am pretty sure of that so happy days

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
lpv said:

I already have shielded ram and ram filters no need to buy anymore. If you could isolate each piece of the pc from each other that would be best I am sure but that's a bit beyond me right now.

I would say if I bought all this stuff and was getting average sound only I would feel stupid But that is not the case so you can label me anyway that makes you feel better doesn't make my system sound any worse to me.

In fact soon it's going to be sounding a whole lot better I am pretty sure of that so happy days

got nothing to do with the amp/speakers that cost a fortune?

or maybe its the ram????

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Compulsive hoarding[/b], also known as hoarding disorder, is a pattern of behavior that is characterized by excessive acquisition and an inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects that cover the living areas of the home and cause significant distress or impairment.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
lpv said:
I can’t wait for jcat RAM.. ellis, did u copy that? your music is played from RAM.. it’s time for jcat RAM only separate component, 20kg dedicated linear psu, isolation platform, magic crystals..

by the end of 2028 you’ll have every piece of a pc in a separate box powered by another box so you’ll no longer have room to sit down and listen to this mess
I already have shielded ram and ram filters no need to buy anymore. If you could isolate each piece of the pc from each other that would be best I am sure but that's a bit beyond me right now.

I would say if I bought all this stuff and was getting average sound only I would feel stupid But that is not the case so you can label me anyway that makes you feel better doesn't make my system sound any worse to me.

or maybe its the ram????

I had pretty good sound from an av system up until recently thanks largely to the quality of everything around it so yeah the ram.

I have heard these speakers sound pretty poxy on the end of expensive equipment so expensive speakers and equipment is no guarantee of an end result. the end result needs a lot of work

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
“ being different is important”.. you should be listening different music on your different hifi Lindsay :)

from my perspective 2018 music is great, sounds good, it’s punchy, got texture, timbre and lyrics are not cheap..

I agree that modern pop music is best to avoid

insider9

lpv said:
“ being different is important”.. you should be listening different music on your different hifi Lindsay :)

from my perspective 2018 music is great, sounds good, it’s punchy, got texture, timbre and lyrics are not cheap.. 

Could you give some examples of new releases you've enjoyed?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
lindsayt said:
I agree with this guy. Modern music sucks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII

Excellent video Lindsayt it's pretty much spot on .

I would add that real talent is still out there playing gigs every night and really enjoying what they do .

They will never be wealthy or famous but their music will always be loved by the people that make a point of finding them , going to their gigs and buying their music.

Bandcamp is a good place to start supporting these artists directly .

https://bandcamp.com/artists

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
lpv said:

from my perspective 2018 music is great, sounds good, it’s punchy, got texture, timbre and lyrics are not cheap..

Such as? I tend to agree with Lindsay on this.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
lpv said:

or maybe its the ram????

I had pretty good sound from an av system up until recently thanks largely to the quality of everything around it so yeah the ram.

I have heard these speakers sound pretty poxy on the end of expensive equipment so expensive speakers and equipment is no guarantee of an end result. the end result needs a lot of work

No-one here has ever said that expensive speakers and amp is a guarantee of good sound as your system regularly proves with the nasal vocals.

But don't for once think that using special audiophile ram can do anything to the sound.

You are really becoming the ultimate prophet of bull ****.

I also suspect your end goal is to try and profit from gullible like yourself.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its funny because I was using all this stuff and talking about it years ago - years ago long before I had any thoughts on doing what I am - Remember that my opinion has not changed and will never change - even after hearing now about 200 systems in the last year up to over a £million.

if you call making profit from something spending about £10000 in the last year and earning back about £200 them yes count me in on the profit making scheme I am all about it - you got me there hands up

Who says I dont like Nasal vocals - thats actually ultra low distortion vocal in a no reverb room - control room accurate someone might say

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
jessica lauren - almeria

nils frahm - all melody

garden city movement - apollonia

stephen steinbrink - b sides & instrumentals

far out monster disco orchestra - black sun

kimiko kasai - butterfly

kadhja bonet - childqueen

khruangbin - con todo el mundo

mark pritchard - the four worlds

habibi funk - an eclectic selection of music from the arab world

damien jurado - the horizon just laughed

cavern of anti matter - hormone lemonade

sola rosa - in spaces

boncana maiga - koyma hondo

dj koze - knock knock

willie nelson - last man standing

andre solomko - le deltaplane

emma jean thackray - ley lines

nu guinea - nuova napoli

kaamal williams - the return

unknown mortal orchestra - sex & food

zaki ibrahim - the secret life of planets

sudan archives - sink

cecily - songs of love and freedom

charlotte day wilson - stone woman

jonathan barber - vision ahead

oscar jerome - where are your branches

beach house - 7

+ some classical but it’s just too much to type...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ellis I'll fight to the death your right to have and express your opinion, but your belief that there's even remotely such as thing as hifi-quality RAM is right up there in the "my photos look better on Fuji memory cards" territory that I was ridiculed some pages back for using as an irrelevant analogy. There is just not any chance at all that different RAM chips can affect the sound quality of a hifi system in any way shape or form. Sorry.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
... and because of this and other ellis claims someone calld him prophet of bull ****... right so

anytime I watch ANY of his videos and more bull **** emerges

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:
... and because of this and other ellis claims someone calld him prophet of bull ****... right so

anytime I watch ANY of his videos and more bull **** emerges
simple solution there then :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts