Persistent buzzing noise on Sony Bravia KDL37EX403U

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I got the Sony KDL37EX403U on Saturday and could enjoy the Champions League finals on it.

Brilliant picture and sound effects, although big disappointment: I've got a persistent buzzing noise coming from the back thatreally spoils the whole experience, as the normal sound of the TV is not evensufficient to cover it.

You might forget about it watching sport when there's loud sound all around all the time, but that's definitely not acceptable while watching movies, and especially quieter scenes with dialogues.

I do appreciate this kind of TV is not 100% silent, but this is incredibly annoying.
Has this problem been reported on forums / at Sony Centre?
Or am I just unlucky enough to have received a faulty TV set?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hijack the thread. Matthew. I popped into the Leeds Sony Centre yesterday and picked up some info on the tvs. I like the look of the HX and EX 703 models. I fancy the 46" models but the wife would rather we went for a 40". Other than the 200hz motion plus what are the differences, other than cosmetics?

matthewpiano

NSYGrinner:Sorry to hijack the thread. Matthew. I popped into the Leeds Sony Centre yesterday and picked up some info on the tvs. I like the look of the HX and EX 703 models. I fancy the 46" models but the wife would rather we went for a 40". Other than the 200hz motion plus what are the differences, other than cosmetics?

The EX703 is LED edge lit, the HX703 uses a conventional CCFL backlight.

The HX703 uses a better LCD panel. We have the two models side-by-side in 40" and the black levels and colour handling are much better on the HX703. The EX703 has a tendency to look a little washed out and I actually prefer the EX503, which is pretty much an EX703 with CCFL, instead of LED, backlight.

In the current Sony range I would recommend either the EX503 or the HX703, but if you can stretch to the HX it is a much better set. I don't particularly rate the EX703.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Im with matthew all the way on his above comments,the hx703 is a stunning tv,the motion handerling is second to none.the ex703 or most of the edge led lit tvs seem to lose steam.the faces on people for example makes it look like that they have jordes(i think thats how you spell it lol),if i was buying a new tv i would have no regrets owning a hx703.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the info. The wife likes the look of the HX , only from the pics on the website. When I said it had 'A' power rating she seemed even more impressed. I noticed that the trade in offer is on till mid(ish) July. I wouldn't be looking till around about then anyway.

I'm also going to look at the Panasonic 42D25 as I like the idea of being able to record onto usb hdd. That will free up a lot of space on the sky box (it's amazing how much space Mr. Tumble takes up). The talk of black levels reducing on the Panasonic plasmas has sort of put me off a G or V20.

I know I should just go on picture performance, but as this will be our first HD tv no matter what the picture quality is like it will take some adjusting to. I intend to keep the tv for a few years so need to look at the complete package. facilities, connections etc.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to those who answered my question! ;-)

I tried to unplug everything last night to check whether that'd change anything... No luck.

Watched England v Mexico in HD last night with great pleasure (so for the other, yes Sony Bravia is amazing, and with built-in Freeview HD in the UK), but still the buzzing noise from the very start.
Can't really define it, but it sounds more like electrical than mechanical (although I'm really no expert).
It's nothing like the very soft ventilation noise in my Sky box or disc playing noise on my PS3, which you'd just notice if you've got your face in front of it. It's very annoying and spoils really my experience...

I called my retailer and they promised an exchange... but they're out of stock until June 1st!
Tough luck, but as long as I've got it on time for June 11th... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts