PDP-4280XD or the 428XD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So Pioneer have these 2 options in the 42" market, and as far as I can see the 428 has Picture in Picture a USB slot, some ICS calibration option, and some intelligent brightness control as an extra to teh 4280....

Is all this stuff essential, as really I want to get it teh cheapest possible, and want to know I'm still getting a kick ass tele.... the fact is John Lewis only do the 4280 and I want to get a price match...

so is teh 4280 still ok without all these extra things ?#

Cheers

A

Anonymous

No it'snot essential. Don't do what someone else on here did and buy the 428XD for almost £2K and without a stand or wall bracket. Get the 4280XD for around £1600 max from tlc broadcast who are doing, I believe a 5 year warranrty with the TV too. Better still save yourself some money and by pass the Pioneer badge, unless of course you have money to burn, and look at other makes like Samsung PS427Q97HDX and Panasonix TH42PX70

A

Anonymous

A few months late but never the less. I have just bought the 428XD and had the same question over the 4280XD. Pioneer have a good website to find out about techi stuff and specs. Yes in the 428 you get the multiscreen which is handy for the footy during the wife's soaps!!!! the USB which is handy if you have pen drives to keep your photo's on etc, I have also heard that it comes in handy if you have an Xbox360? Apart from everything else mentioned above, you also get a subwoofer out. It doesn't come with a stand, unlike the 4280, but i paid a reasonable 1400 for the tv and about 90 for a basic stand. It pays to shop about.

A

Anonymous

It would be really helpful if a member staff from the mag commented on this. I would imagine that the 80XD offers much the same picture quality as the 8XD as, to my knowledge, both sets use the same actual display panel; the 8XD's extra features shouldn't have much effect on the picture quality. However this may not necessarally be the case. This is why it would be great if there were reviews even for products that are very similar to ones that have already been reviewed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jfh"]
gbfsd - where did you buy it from for £1400?

[/quote]

from digital direct 1409 to be precise. but once you add the stand and delivery your looking back to 1600.

A

Anonymous

Has there been any clarification on the differences in picture quality between the PDP 428Xd and PDP 4280 XD? Consensus is the picture quality is identical (assuming both tvs are set to the identical preset calibrations). If so then does this mean the Intelligent Birghtness Control (IBC) on the PDP 428XD adds very little improvement to the picture quality? Has anyone seen the pdp 428xd and 4280xd side by side - or can anyone explain how useful the IBC function is and whether it is viewed as a necessity??If the Intelligent Birghtness Control offered by the PDP 428 XD does not materially improve the picture quality, then any simpletons like myself who (does not plan on calibrating their tv and) does not need the (i) additional connectivity or (ii) PiP/PaP would realise that the PDP 4280Xd is a more suited TV for their needs and would not need to spend the additional money on the 428XD features, on on acquiring a pedesatal stand for the 428XD.

Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts