Pathos TT mk2, Graf GM50, You decide (Big brother narrator voice)

gripchimp

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Good evening knowledgable folk,

Could I pick your collective brains for some advice?

I am currently considering an amp change, with serious consideration going towards the Pathos TT mk 2. I see moving to an all valve amp an upgrade. I have at present a Pathos Logos, with Lector Digicode 704s DAC and Focal Aria 926 speakers.

As always I'm looking for an easy to live with sound, good bass and treble extension, for a small to medium 'odd' shaped room. I'm not looking for massive power, nor need it, and am listening at probably 70 - 75db max volume.

However, now I have seen a Graf GM50 for sale, and am wondering if this would perhaps be a good match for the Focals', perhaps more-so than the TT mk2 I covet.

Opinions all welcome, you have helped massively in the past with my upgrade decisions, thank you in advance for any input.

:)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What are you prepared to spend?

What about keeping the amp and changing speakers (Standmounts?)

Have you considered Amp brands like Luxman, Accuphase and Croft?

Are you able to demo, or are you buying blind?

Final questions - What Country are you in; what music do you listen to and what are your room dimensions?

gripchimp

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

Thanks so far :)

Would rather stick with the speakers and change the amp, continue on the upgrade path to hopefully, all valve.

No more than £3k second-user, have seen both the Pathos TT and the Graf for around this. Most likely buying blind. I'm in the Uk, the room is notoriously 'the wrong' shape and size, don't have the measurements on me, but been told numerous times it's 'all wrong'. Have to move my listening chair into the sweet spot for ultimate listening, further back (only about 2 foot) in tv watching position it's bassier.

Musically I listen to an eclectic mix of everything from Santana, Kings of Leon, U2, generally serious 'proper' music, no pop, chart or rap :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You have a great Amp, which is why I suggested looking at speakers.

You are looking at great stuff....all of which will work with Focal. You might also consider Unison Research, Jadis and Icon Audio.

Of the 2 amps, I think the Graaf might just win out for me (as long as it's in good nick).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts