PANNY TXP42UT30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Interested in this 3D ready plasma and it looks like my local Panasonic shop, John Lewis and Richer Sounds all offer it at £499 which seems a really good deal. Trouble is I've not been able to find a review.

Anyone bought this TV and could share their experiences ?

I currently have a 3/4 year old Panasonic 37 Plasma connceted to a DMR780EBK and am impressed but I need a bigger screen.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I too would be interested in anyone who has this? I see you get a 5 year warranty with it too.

I was about to purchase the Sony 40 EX503 which is exactly the same price but now i'm not sure which one to get! I've always liked plasmas and this one is 3D too and 600Hz. Has anyone demoed both??

A

Anonymous

Hi

Interestingly I see the price for the ST30 model ( which I underatand is the next model up from the UT) is available for £569 on the internet and £599 from Comet / Dixon ( albeit with only a one year warranty). I've seen one review for this model which was good.

It looks like the differences over the UT is the power consumption which doesn't worry me, the higher contrast ratio which is probably negligible to the naked eye, a different scree. The ST is also slimmer and to my eyes better looking. Just wondering if the changes are worth an extra £50-£100 and going for a price match with those suppliers offering the 5 year warranty.

Anyone with any experience of the ST30 model ?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Did you buy the new plasma in the end?

I went to John Lewis on Sunday with the intention of buying the 3d one for £499 but:

a) they had none in stock and i was told it could be 4 weeks before they could get me one.

b) when i looked at their display model, it looked ugly

c) i couldn't afford to buy the 3d glasses

d) i'm still not convinced about 3d and can't see myself sitting there in the lounge with uncomfortable glasses on.

so i trotted off to the Sony Centre and bought the Sony 40 EX503 for £499 with the 'free' 5 year Sony Warranty. Haven't got around to connecting it up yet ( i know i should have had it up and running straight away!) but i am waiting for my stand to arrive before setting it up.

A

Anonymous

Hi ferris

Bought the 42 ST30 model from the Bristol Panasonic shop for £649 with their 5 year warranty. Bit of a story. Panasonic said they would price match with John Lewis at £599.99 which was ok but I pressed and pressed for a bit more and agreed with £589.99. I would pop into the shop that evening to pay. They got back to me to say they couldn't price match because JL didn't have any in stock ( neither did Richer Sounds at £604 with their 5 year guarantee). I contacted JL who said that although they had an order of 88 coming in at the end of the month all were allocated to customer orders and they wouldn't be placing further orders. Richer set they wouldn't be ordering further stock of this model ( both suggested the model was discontinued which struck me as odd given that its a 2011 model).

Anyway as a price match wasn't going to happen I stumped up the extra cash ( actually my credit card) and bought from the Panny shop. Delivered last Saturday and am impressed by the picture. I thought the HD picture on my 3 year old Panny 37 txp was good but the blacks on the ST are very impressive. Like you I'm not too fussed about 3D - I wanted a bigger screen - but thought I should get a 3D ready TV in case it take's off ( rumour is the Olympics might be broadcast in 3D as was Wimbledon). Agree the UT is utilitarian in looks Hope you enjoy your Sony - you got a good price !!

A

Anonymous

The Olympics and Wimbledon in 3D was tempting me to go for a 3D TV i must admit! I've still got a 42 inch 5 year old HD Ready Plasma in the lounge so might upgrade that next year.

I heard that Samsung, Sony and Panasonic are working together to create some universal 3D glasses so maybe i'll see what comes out next year.

Enjoy your new plasma. I still can't believe how much prices have dropped over the years. My current 42 inch was £2100!

You definitely did the right thing getting the 5 year warranty. My current set developed a fault 4 years and 9 months in and they put a brand new panel in it and it's as good as new.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts