panasonicplasma vs samsung plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
could someone please advise me on the best way forward I'm thinking of getting the Panasonic gt30 46 but is there a samsung plasma tv equal to this or is the panasonic range in plasma still the way forward.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
The GT30 has won WHF award as best in the category.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p46gt30

Indeed...plus there is no Samsung alternative that has been as well reviewed as the GT30 so i would have to say that it's the way forward but then i'm slightly biased as i own a 42GT30 and am very happy with it.

What i would say is that there has been some issues with a green tinge effect on some of Panasonics 2011 plasma tvs, i personally haven't been affected but it's something to consider although it does seem to mostly be VT30 models 46" and above.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
At 46", your choice of premium plasma screens is limited to one - the GT30 as others here have said. My advice would be to see if the space you're intending to fit the screen into can accomodate an extra 4" because that is when the choice really does get interesting.

I've got the 50GT30 after auditioning a few screens, but it really was a very, very close run thing. I nearly plumped for the Samsung 51D8000 and I would definitely recommend auditioning both it and D6900 if you can get away with a slightly bigger screen. The 50GT30 pipped it for me because I watch it in a fairly dim room, where that slightly deeper black level comes into play, and because I got a very good deal. But if your living room has quite a lot of light, the Samsungs do offer the advantage of a brighter picture. Also, SD scaling on the D8000 is excellent by virtue of the fact that they use the same in-house Samsung scaling chip that's found in the 64D8000.

A

Anonymous

The Pani TX-P46GT30 is the bees knees mate, buy it now, right now. Then enjoy the 3D experience with your two free pairs of 3D goggles watching your free 3D Blu-ray DVD's.

Peter_R

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts