Panasonic VT Series 3d TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The current Panasonic 3d TV is first generation, does anyone know when the 2nd generation models are coming out, especially the 50 and 65 inch models. Cheers Johnie

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Most of the major TV manufacturers will unveil their new 2011 models at CES in Las Vegas in January. We'll be there reporting all the news as it happens. Expect to see some of them in UK stores by March/April at the earliest.

A

Anonymous

But dont forget:

1. release dates can and do slip by so could be this time next year before you see enough stock of the TV u picked

2. Just because its at CES and has a cool spec sheet does not mean it is a good TV :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And the range cycle now typically involves the cheaper, more mass-market TVs coming out first, followed in the summer by higher-end models - with a final wave of (typically premium) sets being launched at the IFA show in September, ready for the Christmas rush.

Several manufacturers have already mentioned to me that they expect 3D features to be available on a far wider range of 2011 sets - not just on premium models as in 2010.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
SOSAGES:
2. Just because its at CES and has a cool spec sheet does not mean it is a good TV :)

Yes, i'm hoping a few Forum members may have learned something from this year's attempts to pre-judge products based on the launch hype (or their own interpretation thereof).
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SOSAGES:2. Just because its at CES and has a cool spec sheet does not mean it is a good TV :)

3. Just because it's at CES and has a cool spec sheet doesn't mean a) that it'll ever make it into production and b) that it's a model ever likely to be sold in Europe.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Several manufacturers have already mentioned to me that they expect 3D features to be available on a far wider range of 2011 sets - not just on premium models as in 2010.

Yay, more 3D.
emotion-8.gif

I hope, but don't expect, they are still going to be trying to improve "normal" picture quality at the same time!

BTW, on those - LG PK 350 "yellow skin tone" comments in the recent review - I agree, it's the "warm" setting that many of the presets are set to, can change it to "medium" to improve it (though this has it's own, overclean tinge). With mine calibrated amateurishly by myself it kinda sits between the two and skin tones look perfect.
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Glad to hear it.
emotion-2.gif
Our team did, of course, try a range of settings - but as ever with these sets, changing something to address one issue can often be to the detriment of another area.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Glad to hear it.
emotion-2.gif
Our team did, of course, try a range of settings - but as ever with these sets, changing something to address one issue can often be to the detriment of another area.

Absolutely! It's much like designing a speaker - our RnD bloke loves it when I say "ooh, I think that needs a little more at 300hz" or words to that effect, I can actually see him thinking "why don't you do that then if it's so easy..." (to be polite
emotion-5.gif
), whatever you change inevitably messes up something else...

You can only realistically review screens on their (fairly) standard settings anyway, hardly fair to calibrate them all thoroughly when the vast majority of people will not use anything but the presets - it's a shame manufacturers don't always seem to put enough effort into those presets in the first place!

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:SOSAGES:

Yes, i'm hoping a few Forum members may have learned something from this year's attempts to pre-judge products based on the launch hype (or their own interpretation thereof).
emotion-5.gif

emotion-10.gif

emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS