Panasonic TXP50GT30 and the Blinking LED of death!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

78records

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I would doubt the above very much the euro peeps make our laws now.

cant see your credit card company being interested in a dodgy tv either. :rofl:

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
78records said:

And what on earth is amusing about this serious situation for you to have added the "Rolling on the Floor laughing" emoticon to your previous post??

78records

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
78records said:

And what on earth is amusing about this serious situation for you to have added the "Rolling on the Floor laughing" emoticon to your previous post??

Feel free to add your extensive legal knowledge to the thread.

:rofl: is what the credit card company will do when some one tries to complain to them about their dodgy tv

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Update

TV is currenly with the repair company (whom charged £90, yes £90 to pick it up!)

My friend is hoping to hear something in the next 48 hours, and is even more hopeful that Panasonic (or is it Panachronic?!) will foot the bill!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
£90...what are they smoking over there?

Hope it's good news soon and I would send the bill for the pick up to Panasonic too as they should be paying for that if they agree to the repair.

John Duncan

What are the actual odds of getting something sorted using SOGA? Eg three and a half year TV that cost 450 quid going on the blink, a suitable replacement would cost <£350 - is life too short?

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
BenLaw said:
The odds are zero, the retailer went bust.

I 'think' John Duncan is eluding to something else, and not the 50GT30 in this thread.. (which cost a bit more than £450!)

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Some good news, some no so good news

Panasonic have agreed to cover the cost of the repair! :)

Panasonic have said my friend has to cover the £90 he paid out to get the TV collected :cry:

He has therefore sent them a scathing email, will let you know what happens!

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 talked about goods being fit for purpose ie a TV should work, they should be as described and a satisfactory quality.

Your rights have now been increased "Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description" eg. I buy a £3000 Tv from Samsung and it stops working you have upto 6 years to make a claim with the retailer. The remedy is to use the small claims court.

The Consumer Credit Act gives you rights against the Credit Card Company so I bought my Sansung TV from Comet who are bust then I pursue Barclaycard because I have a cotract with them.

Hope this helps

Chris

TRENDING THREADS