Panasonic TX-P46GT30 PDP Fail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the Glasses

I have a friend with a 50GT30, I'm sure he needs some 3D Glasses!!

Now struggling to get JL to commit to a delivery date on the GT50... I had hoped it would be here this week, but seemingly not :-(

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yep simple one this, do a quick THX calibration then knock back the contrast and brightness by at least 3 notches and don't display any static images or game huds etc during the run in to minimise any image retention, watch as much full screen content as possible but don't sacrifice movies as the black bars shouldn't have any effect on the tv during the run in period. Avoid any dynamic mode like the plague and run it in for at least 200 hours and most importantly enjoy the new tv, really hope you are happy with it for years to come. :)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
MrW said:
Thanks Oldboy

By THX Calibration you mean find a DVD with the THX settings on, and run that?

Yes a dvd such as any of the Star Wars dvds which carry the THX optimiser on it, it's normally found within the setup or language menu on the dvds and a full list of titles that carry it can be found at THX.com.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts