Panasonic TX-P42V10 Freesat TV review now online

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

the 42v20 has a few quirks, but if you got hold of one in the coming months at the right price you wouldn't be dissapointed strapped, stunning tv..

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:the 42v20 has a few quirks, but if you got hold of one in the coming months at the right price you wouldn't be dissapointed strapped, stunning tv..

It's the G20 I'm looking at, Max (maybe even the 46"). To be honest, I can't find a V20 anywhere for a reasonable price. According to another review site, the G20 represents the sweet spot (on a performance-per-pound ratio) in Panasonic's 2010 range.

Think I'll have a bash at selling my G10 first, though. It's still an excellent TV (and I've not noticed any problems with rising black levels). It's the slightly poor upscaling of standard definition broadcasts that has niggled at me over time...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:the 42v20 has a few quirks, but if you got hold of one in the coming months at the right price you wouldn't be dissapointed strapped, stunning tv..

Um...I was wrong
emotion-10.gif

The TV is the PXP 42 V20. £799 down from £1299.

EDIT - and what are these quirks?

A

Anonymous

al7478:Oh dear.

i presume you've read about the 50hz issues and floating blacks that are found on some v20's?

i had two but returned both because of the 50hz problem, didn't notice any floating blacks though. i paid e1650 for the 50v20, that was top wack back in august, fwiw i would/could have lived with this slightly annoying issue if i'd paid less, but i paid what i felt was a premium price for a tv that i expected would be a big step up from my old 46g10, it was in all areas bar motion handling (with tv, dvds but not blu-rays) and that wasnt good enough for me considering my outlay...

now my friend didn't even notice said issues even when i pointed them out, they are subtle, perhaps you won't either, but at £799 even if you do, you may be stll very happy, the sd and hd image quality is fantastic imo, i'd demo first anyway if i were you (presuming you're not already put off..) quirks aside it's a brilliant tv and nothing you can buy for the money will be as good imo..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts