Panasonic TX-L32E6B (WOW)

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi received my new "Panasonic TX-L32E6B" yesterday and im just over the moon with it

The picture is absolutely fantastic especially in HD plus the default colours are spot on except I just had to bring the contrast down a little and sound is a little weak but ill get a sound bar that you recommend ................. If anyone is after a 32" then this is the one

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I considered getting one recently but was put off by comments about the sound.

Our 2009 32" Panasonic model (in my signature) has a superb picture and also has pretty respectable sound (for a TV). It's a bit 'chunky' by 2013 standards but at least that gave them room to fit some half-decent speaker drivers.

I guess it's inevitable that super slimline TVs will dictate use of separate speakers (or use of a connected hi-fi / AV system / soundbar etc.) all the time.

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
I considered getting one recently but was put off by comments about the sound. Our 2009 32" Panasonic model (in my signature) has a superb picture and also has pretty respectable sound (for a TV). It's a bit 'chunky' by 2013 standards but at least that gave them room to fit some half-decent speaker drivers. I guess it's inevitable that super slimline TVs will dictate use of separate speakers (or use of a connected hi-fi / AV system / soundbar etc.) all the time.

Hi yes sound is not that good but the picture is stunning I noticed when What hi-fi sound and vision revied the Panasonic they said it could do with a soundbar or speakers.......................... Have you viewed this tv in a shop or anything..........?.............. Cheers

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
​I too purchased the same Panasonic 32" TV a few weeks ago!

Frame is SO thin and only 1cm wider than the outgoing Panasonic 26" TV..

The picture is so sharp and clear I went back to the store and bought a "Panasonic TX-L55DT65B" for the lounge!

Absolutely stunning picture!!

Yes!, the sound is a bit "thin", but digi out is fibre via a DAC to Arcam amp, so watching films etc. is a great visual audio experience..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
mattytun1514 said:
chebby said:
I considered getting one recently but was put off by comments about the sound. Our 2009 32" Panasonic model (in my signature) has a superb picture and also has pretty respectable sound (for a TV). It's a bit 'chunky' by 2013 standards but at least that gave them room to fit some half-decent speaker drivers. I guess it's inevitable that super slimline TVs will dictate use of separate speakers (or use of a connected hi-fi / AV system / soundbar etc.) all the time.

Hi yes sound is not that good but the picture is stunning I noticed when What hi-fi sound and vision revied the Panasonic they said it could do with a soundbar or speakers.......................... Have you viewed this tv in a shop or anything..........?.............. Cheers

I've seen it in the local John Lewis. Was looking at a much higher spec Samsung 32" at the same time (picture not as good but connectivity and usability and sound very good). This one I think.

Wish I could have the Samsung but with the Panasonic screen :-(

[EDIT] I remember now. The Panasonic was poor on SD picture content. I think that is what also decided me against it. I still have a lot of DVDs (that cannot be obtained on Blu-ray) and still watch things like BBC 4 (SD only for now). So that is a deal breaker even when BBC 4 goes HD next year.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
mattytun1514 said:
Hi received my new "Panasonic TX-L32E6B" yesterday and im just over the moon with it

The picture is absolutely fantastic especially in HD plus the default colours are spot on except I just had to bring the contrast down a little
I'm glad that you are so pleased with it! If you have some Pixar Blu-Rays they might have a basic calibration setup procedure somewhere in their menus. Some other discs, I'm not sure which, also come with basic calibration setup instructions.
Is this TV for a bedroom or for the main living-room?

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Fred_Barker said:
​I I went back to the store and bought a "Panasonic TX-L55DT65B" for the lounge! Absolutely stunning picture!!

Do you have any problems with backlight bloom and screen reflections? I ahve the 47" model and the bloom is noticable in the top right corner and bottom left. Even when Adaptive Backlight control is on max the bottom left corner changes from lgiht to dark quite noticably. Really annoying. And the reflectivity is quite a pita.

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
SiUK said:
Fred_Barker said:
​I I went back to the store and bought a "Panasonic TX-L55DT65B" for the lounge! Absolutely stunning picture!!

Do you have any problems with backlight bloom and screen reflections?
I have not, as of yet, noticed any such problems, but I had reduced all of the settings, even when using the TRUE CINEMA picture mode.
The Backlight was set to 100 and found it most natural on 50.Also, I'll try the Adaptive Backlight and see if I get the same problem you mentioned...

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
SiUK said:
Fred_Barker said:

Do you have any problems with backlight bloom and screen reflections?

My picture settings:

Mode=True Cinema | Backlight=50 | Contrast=70 | Brightness=0 | Colour=52 | Tint=0 | Sharpness=50 | Colour Temp=Normal | Vivid Colour=off | Adaptive Backlight=off.

If Adaptive backlight=on (no BIG changes perceived in dim or light room).
Viewing distance=3m
Hope this helps.

axman

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Where I am in EuroLand I can't seem to find this 32E6 series. But I found the 32EW6.

The difference seems to be that the "W" ones can record to USB and has 3 tuners. Done anyone know if apart from that, it is the same TV?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts