Panasonic TX-50AX802B TV - Thunder flies or Midges

wspamull

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a Panasonic TX-50AX802B TV - just after christmas 2015 so 10 months ago, i have just come back from a couple of weeks away and noticed i have 7 Thunder flies or Midges behind the glass, most are about 25-50mm down from the top of the screen and 1 is about 75mm in from r/h side of the screen about 3/5 of the way down... I have rung John Lewis and asked them to help but apparently flies spideres etc are not covered under warranty... has anyone else noticed bugs trapped behind the glass and screen? Any ideas on how to remove them?

Thanks

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I'd try to identify the species using the internet because if you can show they are not native to the UK then it's manufacturing defect as they must have been trapped in there during production.

Customs might also be interested if Panasonic aren't forth coming as it would constitute importing contaminated goods and could result in a huge fine if proven.

D

Deleted member 2457

Someone else with a similar problem:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/insect-or-a-bug-behind-the-screen-of-my-sony-65-inch-9005a-tv.2056371/

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think Oldboy had this issue a while ago and if memory serves me right he got it replaced under the warranty and went from a Samsung to LG OLED. I can't seem to search the forums though for a topic. That was via John lewis and he logged it as dead pixels rather than bugs and the engineer explained it eas bugs but I think said it was therefor covered under warranty?????

TRENDING THREADS