Panasonic TV & DMP80 Blue ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
having trawled through both your magazine and other reviews i decided to buy the upgraded 80 rather than the 60, whilst the sound qulaity is superb over the home cima system sadly the picture quality is no better than the dvds :/

whist ive tweaked and changed settings on both tv and blue i still am no better orf, the tv i bought about 2 and a half yrs ago as being hd, i even took the manual to a shop in my local town and thy said the system would be fine. today i was reading the back of teh disc and it said 1080p was HD, however the tv will only do 1080i ! does this mean that the tv's too old or can i update via firmware to 1080p? (got pc and broadband to do it) or just return blue-ray and give up :/

Specs:

TV : Pansonic TH-37PX600B

Blue-ray: DMP-BD80

Home Cinema: SC-PT560

HDMI cables both QED with optical connections from blue ta hc

any help greatly appreciated !! ! :)

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I have a BD80 and use it with a TH-42PX70 plasma, which is a year newer than yours but still only HD Ready. It can however accept a 1080p signal and downscale it to the TV's native 720p resolution. This still delivers an excellent HD picture IMO, and I won't be inclined to replace my TV for quite some time.

To be honest I'm not sure if your TV has the same ability to accept and downscale 1080p - if it doesn't then you can set the player to output 1080i or 720p instead (whichever you prefer) and it should still work fine. The 37-PX600 was a high-end Panasonic plasma in its day, and should still deliver a good HD picture, so I'm surprised that you reckon it's no better than watching a DVD.

Your TV's HD Ready resolution is fixed - there is no firmware update which can change it. While you would undoubtedly enjoy superior performance from a new, good-quality Full HD display, I'd say that there's plenty of life in your current TV yet.

A

Anonymous

My LG Plasma HD Ready TV is 3 years old and produces scintillating blu-ray pictures from my BD-35. I have my blu-ray player to output picture at 1080i, as I feel that produces the best picture for me. Details resolution, blac levels, white levels - everything is splendid.

What I have done though is calibrate my TV using the Monster Calibration Disc and also invested in good cables (power and hdmi). They have made a HUGE difference.

Liam19:What kind of help are you looking for exactly? I can only see one question in your OP (which I've answered).

I second that
emotion-1.gif

You've given a nice, detailed response. I can't think of any other suggestions to give, to improve the picture quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts