panasonic TH46PZ8B , 950 euros , bought today , comments please ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i bought this tv today for 950 euros in a retailers in waterford , ireland , d.i.d. electrical , called TH46PY8EY in ireland , it was a toss up between panny and a samsung le46a656 , with av stand , for 1350 euros , i could have just stretched to that price , but thought the panny was great value , 1299euro anywhere else i could find it , the samsung was a little brighter and sharper , 50000 to 1 contrast , panny only 20000 to 1 , both 1080p, but i didnt think the picture was 400 euros better , and im hoping the plasma will look better once in my living room away from bright shop envoirement , ( it looked fine in the shop ) , any comments on my descision ??? ill be watching a lot of high res stuff , and sports ,not worried about sound , im getting a soundbar , and i like the plasmas black levels .. getting panny tmw , hope i made a good choice , anyone ???

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I have the Panasonic 46PZ80B, the one that you have it looks like but you've only put 20,000:1 contrast, you should have 30,000:1 as this is what mine has. Absolutely brilliant tv, watch There Will Be Blood and your mouth will be open while watching the film and after it's finished. And it's not the High Definition picture that blows you away.

Thanks, Rorschach.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

They're two different models. The 80B is the higher spec one but the 8B still seems like a real bargain. I nearly bought one myself (£799 from Comet at the moment) but eventually decided to spend a bit more (actually a lot more) and went for a Pioneer LX5090 instead.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys , i will get there will be blood tmw , and post my thoughts on the set , i was concerned about the lower contrast ratio , but panasonics seem to get such great reviews , and for such value , i took the plunge , i could have bought the th42pz80b for 1100 euros , in the same shop , but it didnt look a whole lot better , and was obviously smaller , it looks like i may have got a bargain , not easy in rip off ireland , theres some benefits to the credit crunch after all ......

A

Anonymous

Apart from the looks (I actually prefer the 8B looks wise), the biggest difference seems to be that the 80B has more sophisticated processing, including the ability to show more gradations / shades of each primary colour (5,000 vs 4,000). This should mean less distinct banding on colour gradients. This bothers some people more than others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts