Panasonic TH46PZ81....should I upgrade??

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Hads the Panasonic TH46PZ81 for just over 2 years and having just upgraded the rest of my system including the acquisition of my first BD player I'm now wondering how much TV technology has improved in the last 2 years. The Panny in uestion is a full 1080p model which was pretty high up the range when I got it but I'm now thinking that I might like to go back up to a 50 inch, possibly 3D.

Is it worth upgrading at present ( thinking of the upcoming VAT hike) or should I wait for the next gen 3D??

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have PZ85, and did some extensive side by side comparison with GT20E (at my home, I am an Croatian TV journalist...).

Differences are not so big. You will notice better SD, marginally better blacks and of course 3D. Better is IFC also, but not to a great margin.

I have IPTV, with upscaling, which does better job even then newest Pana with SD, so there is no real benefit in upgrading to GT20.

Also, I tried (at my home, again) 42" D25. That TV sucks big time compared to my rather old plasma; blacks are awful (IPS panel...)

D25 is watch-able only in really bright rooms, due to grey blacks.

I dont care at all for 3D; real improvement is only V20, with much better blacks. That you will notice.

I would wait for V30, if I were you, or VT30 if you like 3D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts