Panasonic TH42PX70-Question for Andrew Everard

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Andrew

Have that yoy can feed the TV with 1080p/24 but that while the Pictures look good, no sound is available.Can you comment on why this is. I take it that it will still be fine to feed it Blu Ray?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, i'm not Andrew (sad to say he's not on here 24/7. Almost, but not quite!), but I do know the answer....

The Pana was fine when we fed it Blu-ray, coping with sound and vision via HDMI very admirably. It doesn't support 24fps, though (and neither does its sibling Blu-ray player).

The sound issue is most likely down to the HDMI set-up of the player concerned.

Incidentally, we're testing all the latest 40-42in sets - including the next-gen Panasonics - in our November issue, out September 20th.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses.....At least I know it will still accept a Blu Tay feed, athough not 24fps, which isn't a big deal as far as I'm concerned. Oh incidentally I was told today by my local Panasonic shop that they as franchises and Panasonic too have stopped giving out 5 Year Guarantees with some of their TV's.

They're selling this one for £1,049 but I know I can get it from Dixons online (whom Pansonic have told me is apparently their biggest Customer,) for £768 which has to be a bargain.

A

Anonymous

I am a bit confused....

I know that this model is "only" HD Ready ie not a true 1080p, but your recent review (November 2007) in the 40-42" HD sets supertest; it said that it accepts a 1080p/24fps feed from a BR Player, downscaled to display on the screen. Can you guys/gals clarify please, thanks
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

It did say in the November issue that the Panasonic TH-42PX70 does accept a 24fps signal (although without sound) so I am now extremely confused that Clare is saying otherwise. I expect salesman in Currys and Dixons to say conflicting things and contradict each other, but not the What HI-FI team!! (with all due respect!)
emotion-5.gif
So will it or won't it accept (and display correctly) 24fps? And now I am wondering if other sets that you said would handle 24fps such as the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 actually will. Please confirm this as it is something that is crucial to my decision whether or not to purchase a tv. Perhaps there should be tickbox in all tv reviews in the mag to confirm whether a set is capable of doing 24fps. Cheers
emotion-40.gif

mlamb64150

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Benjamin,

I don't know if I am misunderstanding your question but I have this set and use my PS3 as my dedicated DVD/Blu-Ray player, it's gorgeous and no issues are apparent to me, it's a great budget TV and I am very pleased with it. I don't know how many FPS it's pumping out but itlooks the bomb!
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

One review I read said that while it accepts a 1080p/24 feed they couldn't actually get any sound out of it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts