Panasonic P50S21 OR P42G20 ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry to start a new thread i figured i'd get more response this way ! Hi basically i have upto a £1000 to spend on a comet tv through a warranty claim, the tv will come to me direct not through the shop so i have narrowed it down to these two Panasonics the P50S21 (£899)OR P42G20 (£999) i have till monday to decide. Now after a bit of reading i realise the g20 is the better spec'd tv (i wouldn't use the g20's inbuilt freesat tuner) and the s21 uses last years tech but WOULDN'T THEY BOTH represent a viewing improvement over my current panny ? Now i'd love to slap a 50" in the lounge but not if its pants ! My tv is only fed with the Foxsat HDR or Blu ray so basically just HD, i hardly ever watch freeview so with all that in mind what set is the best for me ? Im after some advice and answers to these questions 1. Could i afford to take a drop in quality and go for the 50" ? 2. Would i even notice bearing in mind my current tv ? Please give me some advice, thanks alot

A

Anonymous

the s20 is said to be on a par with last years g10 , which is a better tv than your pz85 , so you wont notice a dip in quality with the bigger option . there should be an improvement..

the g20 is better again obviously , but by how much its hard to say , seeing as you watch nearly all hd , then any of them will look great imo , id go for the bigger tv personally , you will most likely really enjoy it for movies , it will feel more cinematic imo...

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
the s20 is said to be on a par with last years g10 , which is a better tv than your pz85 , so you wont notice a dip in quality with the bigger option . there should be an improvement..

the g20 is better again obviously , but by how much its hard to say , seeing as you watch nearly all hd , then any of them will look great imo , id go for the bigger tv personally , you will most likely really enjoy it for movies , it will feel more cinematic imo...

You make some good valid points there, just checked the spec on the LG590 which looks impressive for the money (thx certification) online reviews look good not sure how it compares to the s21 tho ?

Am i right to just lean towards the pannys AH decisions decisions i'm finding it bloody hard to choose, i know its cos its essentially a free set and not hitting my pocket for a change!! lol

A

Anonymous

stu31:Sorry to start a new thread i figured i'd get more response this way ! Hi basically i have upto a £1000 to spend on a comet tv through a warranty claim, the tv will come to me direct not through the shop so i have narrowed it down to these two Panasonics the P50S21 (£899)OR P42G20 (£999) i have till monday to decide. Now after a bit of reading i realise the g20 is the better spec'd tv (i wouldn't use the g20's inbuilt freesat tuner) and the s21 uses last years tech but WOULDN'T THEY BOTH represent a viewing improvement over my current panny ? Now i'd love to slap a 50" in the lounge but not if its pants ! My tv is only fed with the Foxsat HDR or Blu ray so basically just HD, i hardly ever watch freeview so with all that in mind what set is the best for me ? Im after some advice and answers to these questions 1. Could i afford to take a drop in quality and go for the 50" ? 2. Would i even notice bearing in mind my current tv ? Please give me some advice, thanks alot

Hi stu31,

My name's Matt and I'm from Comet.

Based upon the information that you have supplied, both the Panasonic P50S21 and P42G20 televisions would be suitable for your requirements, and would provide an improvement in picture quality compared to your current model. The size of screen that you wish to purchase would be purely down to personal preference.

Both televisions feature built in Freeview HD tuners, have a full HD screen resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, and include desktop television stands. Your existing Foxsat HDR and Blu-ray player can also be conveniently connected to either television via the HDMI connections.

The main difference between the two models would be that the 50 inch screen size has a greater power consumption of 289/0.7watts :in use/powered-down power consumption. This is in comparison to the smaller 42 inch, which requires 184/0.8watts :in use/powered-down power consumption.

Hope that this information helps.

Thanks

Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi matt i had decided on the 50" s20 panasonic then i had one last look online and am now stuck over how it compares to the lg 50pk590 !

Popped to a local shop to have a look, both sets looked good when a blu ray player was connected, but the shop aerial feed was shared so hard to make a decision.

A

Anonymous

stu31:Hi matt i had decided on the 50" s20 panasonic then i had one last look online and am now stuck over how it compares to the lg 50pk590 ! Popped to a local shop to have a look, both sets looked good when a blu ray player was connected, but the shop aerial feed was shared so hard to make a decision.

Hi stu31,

It's Matt from Comet.

After comparing the differences between the LG 50PK590 and Panasonic P50S21 televisions, again both are very similar and feature Freeview HD tuners, have a screen resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 600 Hz.

Both televisions equally feature picture enhancement technology, and have the same 20 watts power output (RMS).

The main differences between the two would be that the LG has a lower power consumption of 213/0.2watts :in use/powered-down power consumption, in comparison to that of the Panasonic. The LG also has a higher contrast ratio of 3000000:1, and includes X4 HDMI connections, whilst the Panasonic has a contrast ratio of 2000000:1, and has X3 HDMI connections.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Matt

A

Anonymous

Yeah I knew all that thanks mate

After playing with the settings I decided to go for the panny as it was more stable and had a better depth of picture to my eyes than the lg.

thanks stu

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
You know the panny makes sense !
emotion-2.gif
good sensible choice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts