Panasonic LCD / Q-AV compatability

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good Morning,

I have a Panasonic TH37LDZ80 TV. I am considering buying the Q-AV system but I'm not sure if the LCR speaker will fit under the TV. This particular TV has a speaker on it's bottom edge which may interfere with the fitting of the LCR. Does anyone have this combination or does anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks

Hi Simond,

The ever vigilant Clare Newsome alerted me to your post.

Firstly, and I'm sorry to be pedantic, did you mean 'Panasonic TX-37LZD80' TV?

If you did, then 'sonically' the 'lump' on the bottom of the TV won't interfere at all, but visually it may look out of place because there would be a gap between the Q-AV L-C-R speakers and the bottom of the screen either side of the 'lump'. Currently, for a perfect visual match, the Q-AV system needs to be mounted with a TV with a straight bottom edge.

However, there are a nunber of alternatives to this, the standard configeration.

Firstly, if you wall mount the TV, then the Q-AV L-C-R bracket can be mounted directly to the wall immediately above or a few inches below the TV, both these positions look fine.

Secondly, within a month, we will have a variation to our Q-AV table and floor stands that allow the the L-C-R bracket to align perfectly to the top of any 37" - 50" straight topped TV.

Lastly, our Armour Home colleagues at Alphason have designed some rather neat AV furniture which can incorporate the Q-AV L-C-R assembly within the furniture itself. This means every home cinema enthusiast can enjoy the wonderful performance of the Q-AV System, irrespective of their choice of TV.

Please follow this link to see the furniture, (which is available in black or oak)

http://www.armourhe.co.uk/downloads/q_acoustics/technical/SONA_HES50_3.pdf

Hope this helps

Best regards

Steve

Steve Reichert - PR Manager - Armour Home

A

Anonymous

Thanks Steve,

I'd seen your numerous posts about the Q-AV system and was hoping you'd pick this up.

You are correct with the model number of my TV. I have seen the Alphason furniture and might be an option I'll consider. I think mounting the speaker above the TV may be of more interest though. My only concern is that it might look a bit odd. I don't suppose you have any images of this configeration do you?

Thanks a lot

Simon

Hi Simon,

I confess we don't have any images at the moment -- we'll take some real photos as soon as we have the bracket. (However, in the meantime I'll try to persuade one of the wizards in our marketing dept.to 'Photoshop' an image to see what it looks like.) If he can do it, I'll post it here. (Don't tell Clare, coz that would be much cheaper than taking an advert in the mag.
emotion-1.gif

Best regards

Steve

A

Anonymous

Cheers Steve,

I hope you don't mind but I've got a couple more questions about layout. I plan to put the sub in a gap of about 2' between a sofa and a wall. Is it ok for it to be in a relatively enclosed space? Also, the rears will be placed on the floor either side of a sofa that is against the wall and therefore they will only be marginally behind the viewing / listening position. Will they still have the desired effect?

I did a drawing of how I plan to set it but I was unable to cut and paste it into here.

One other thing. I've been looking at the dimensions of the Sona furniture and it seems that the height of the compartment is only 165mm which is not big enough to house the bulk of AV receivers - I was particularly interested in the Denon 1909 which measures 171mm. Is there a slightly taller piece of furniture available that will be able to accommodate a receiver?

Thanks

Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts