Panasonic GT30 - any of last years issues??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Just wondering if the GT30 solves any of the problems from last years sets such as the 50hz issue and that strange issue with the blacks that seemed as though CATS was on (black levels constantly fluctuating) as there has been no mention of these in any of the WHF reviews of the GT30 at any screen size. I only ask as i'm considering buying one in the next few weeks so if the same issues remain i may change my mind and buy something else.

Many thanks.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
the flucuating blacks are gone.. but there are reported instances of sligo flucuating brightness.. its a different effect.. i've seen it on my vt30 but its very subtle.. doesnt annoy me nearly as much as the floating blacks.. the 50hz issue is still there but doesnt look as bad.. and can be solved for sports with ifc on mid..

A

Anonymous

A quick search on YouTube shows some clips claiming to have both floating blacks and a 50Hz issue, but I had a long demo as I'm thinking of getting one, and saw no such issues (and I was looking for them) with both broadcast PAL signals and Blu ray.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
How refreshing to hear of someone taking a good long look at a TV they're considering buying, rather than relying on mere reviews and/or rumour :bounce:

We can (and do) spend days with each TV we test, but it's a big investment you're going to live with potentially for years - you owe it to your future enjoyment to have a decent pre-purchase audition.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
the floating blacks are definetely gone, but there are floating brightness.. also referred to as fbrs.. check some other site and you'll see what i'm on about.. the 50hz issue is much much better than last year.. and the 3d is also much better this year.. the tv for instance will auto detect skys 3d channel when you switch to it.. and when watching 3d the sky hd remote will work perfectly.. last years models flooded the room with IR blocking the sky hd remote when watching 3d..

i agree with clare... go demo if you can.. i watched the tv i bought and took home for an hour in the retailers watching various blu-rays, some 3d and some sky hd/football before packing the tv up and taking it home.. its the only way to be sure you wont be dissapointed when you take the tv out of the box at home.. i've seen plenty of report of cosmetic damage to sets etc.. its worthwhile taking your time when buying!

markjaspi said:
A quick search on YouTube shows some clips claiming to have both floating blacks and a 50Hz issue, but I had a long demo as I'm thinking of getting one, and saw no such issues (and I was looking for them) with both broadcast PAL signals and Blu ray.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
How refreshing to hear of someone taking a good long look at a TV they're considering buying, rather than relying on mere reviews and/or rumour :bounce:

We can (and do) spend days with each TV we test, but it's a big investment you're going to live with potentially for years - you owe it to your future enjoyment to have a decent pre-purchase audition.

I have indeed looked at the 42GT30 in action Clare but given the exceptionally poor feed it was receiving in Comet and Currys it was very difficult to judge the picture, i went in there specifically to look for the issues of last years plasmas but came away none the wiser hense the thread i created on the subject. In my area i have found it very hard to find anywhere other than the two stores mentioned that actually have one up and running to view so some help from other forum memebers would be much appreciated on the subject before i dive in and perhaps regret buying one like last year!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts