Panasonic DMP-BDT220 BBC iplayer problems

craigmcnie

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, can anyone tell me if the panasonic dmp bdt220 should support use of the bbc iplayer app. It came with it installed and I have connected the unit to my wireless network but when I select it I just get a message saying 'sorry we do not support your device' . Any advice on this matter would bbe appreciated as I am puzzled by this. Uk resident.

eric33

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it;s a problem affecting many panasonic devices. My DMR-WT520 and DMR-BWT720 at work both say the devices are not supported by Iplayer. Which is odd as they used to work. Seemsit happened after the latest software update 1.14 which was meant to offer greater stability on viera connect for the '20s series of machines . BBC iplayer website under latest news says it's aware of a problem affecting some panasonic devices and is working on a solution. We can only hope they talk to panasonic and work out a solution, otherwise my 3 week old machine gets returned as I bought it for BBC iplayer. So you're not alone.

cipikey61

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just found this morning that my iplayer button on the internet connection has stopped working.

Panasonic or the BBC need to solve and issue firmware update asap.

john321

May 11, 2013
Visit site
:cry: Also got the BBC iPlayer problem on Panasonic DMR-PWT520 so it seems to be a problem across a number of Panasonic machines.. Bought the machine recently so will be blasting the dealer we bought it from as the iPlayer connection was a great

selling point.

IanKR

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I also have the Panasonic DMP - BDT220EB, which I have been successfully using to connect to BBC iPlayer and viewing with my Samsung TV since I bought it about 6 months ago... until the last few days, when I have been getting the "Sorry we do not support your device".

Hopefully they'll fix it soon, as I want to Listen Again to something that's only available for the next 6 days!

eric33

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well it's all working now.....yippee
smile.png

ItsReallyMe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had the DMP-BDT 120 DVD player for about 1/2 year and the iPlayer was working perfectly - until today that is. Now I get the same message (device not supported).

Does anybody know what's going on? Any advice? The iPlayer was the only reason to get the Panasonic DVD player...

Thanks for any advice you can give!

mandychick

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i have had to same problem with my panasonic dmp-bdt320 smart blue ray player. it wont do i player it says sorry do not support your device. i only had it for 3 weeks. it stop working this week..

Garrett

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a DMR-BWT720 which in the past I have been able to use the BBC Player to catch up on programs I have missed.

Today I went to watch an article on Dymchurch I missed just as I switched on last night so 10 minutes ago I tried the IPlayer and got the same message. I also tried the Youtube and that works so its something between Panasonic and the BBC.

tallon

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 which I've had for 7 months and iPlayer worked fine till two days ago - now I get the (massively unhelpful) 'we do not support your device' message.

Does anyone know if this is an update to iPlayer or to Panasonic players that's causing the issue? (do Panasonic players auto-update their firmware?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts