Panasonic DMP-BD310: Any way of getting Netflix?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey people

I have a Panny 310 which I have had since Christmas. I notice on the specs for the 320 that it has Netflix on board. Is there a firmware update that will enable the 310 to have this? Lovefilm would be handy too.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
The short answer here is no, unfortunately. It would seem that Netflix is only available on Panasonics 2012 range of products as my 2011 42GT30 Panasonic tv does not have an app available from the connect market but my new BDT500 Panasonic bluray player does carry Netflix out of the box. It may well be the case that Netflix will be added at a later date to the Connect Market so keep an eye out for it (you get to it through the connect service and select the Connect Market box at the bottom middle of the screen).

Tbh from what i've seen of Netflix in terms of what's available and the picture quality on offer you aren't missing that much as Lovefilm has exclusivity deals with most of the big movie companies now. The PS3 offers both services if you have one in your home by the way but whether or not Lovefilm ever arrives for the Connect service on Panasonic products is anyones guess but i've heard of no plans at present from Panasonic for them to add it.

Sorry it's not better news but hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Cheers

I have an XBox360 which has Netflix and LoveFilm but you need to pay for the Xbox live service which I think is a bit cheeky.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I agree with you about xbox live but it is a good service if you fork out for the £40 a year gold service, i tired of that extra outlay pretty quickly though and had both consoles so in the end the xbox was the one i sold and kept the free online PS3 services.

Keep an eye on the Panasonic website from time to time to see if Netflix is coming to 2011 devices in the news section, i know they are adding the BBC Sport app sometime this month but i can't find a list of devices...all i can find is that it's coming to certain 2011 and 2012 viera tvs so you may well miss out on this one too im afraid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts