Panasonic DMP-BD30 is available. (sold out now)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ianj74

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately there is a small error in the test for the Panasonic DMP-BD30, as it says it has an Ethernet connector for connection to the web. it also shows a picture of the ethernet connector, unfortunately it is a picture of the Pioneer. The BD50, due out shortly, certainly has this and a lot more, I am waiting for this to come out providing the price is not excessive.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
My local Panasonic dealer had a few in last week and had more delivered this week. Selling at £349. I gave him details of several dealers selling at £299 (even though waiting list on most of these) and even though they would not match the price they did offer me a £10 reduction.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I hope you aren't overlooking PCM when perusing those discs - it may not have a flash new name, but it is, after all, uncompressed while the others are still compressed.

We've found Linear PCM scores better than either Dolby True HD or DTS Master HD soundtracks in the A/B comparisons that have been avaialble....

[/quote]

Gone and done it now, ordered the Pioneer Bluray wait time a coupe of weeks but jsut hope it does everything. just can't resist the HD sound tracks.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="borderav35"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I hope you aren't overlooking PCM when perusing those discs - it may not have a flash new name, but it is, after all, uncompressed while the others are still compressed.

We've found Linear PCM scores better than either Dolby True HD or DTS Master HD soundtracks in the A/B comparisons that have been avaialble....

[/quote]

Gone and done it now, ordered the Pioneer Bluray wait time a coupe of weeks but jsut hope it does everything. just can't resist the HD sound tracks.[/quote]

Changed mind again as the pioneer is stopping the model and only being 1.0 compliant.

Bluray Bah humbug lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts