panasonic bd30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am interested in purchasing this player, can anyone tell me if i can add a 5.1 speaker system to this player when i get cash to buy them. i would also buy the onkyo 606. i am new to all this so would be greatefull for some advice.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
You'd need to connect the Blu-ray player to an external multichannel amp or receiver such as the Onkyo TX-SR606 you mention (an excellent choice by the way!).

You could then partner the Onkyo with a set of 5.1 speakers, and depending on your budget/requirements could choose between a style speaker package such as the KEF KHT series (the 2005.2 model is £600, the bigger 3005SE £1000) or a more conventional speaker package such as the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 (£500) or Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (£799). What's your budget?

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply, my budget is £1000 that is to get a receiver and speakers. my room is only 22 ft long and only 10 ft wide. would i be better off with a 2.1 system and which one would you recommend.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy, I would really appreciate your help. I have the set up you mention except the speakers are Kef 1005.2 I am having some trouble understanding the techi stuff in the BD30 Manual. In essence I can get Ronin in Blue Ray DTS Master Audio to play automatically, but I cannot get the Dolby True HD to play on all speaskers and I am not sure of the settings. Having tried both PCM and Bitstream I am only getting sound out of the front three speakers and not the rear 2 (am at 5.1 at the moment) Do you know what I need to do set the BD30 at? Thanks.Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts