Panasonic bd-35 - problem?

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I've had a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player for some months now, bitstreaming to a Yamaha RX-V3800 AV amp, and have been extremely happy with picture and sound. Up until now, the player has output the various HD audio formats (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Mater Audio, etc.) with no problems. Suddenly, I only get Dolby Digital ot DTS.

I've checked the settings - Secondary Audio set to off - and none seems to have changed.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas as to what's happened to my HD audio.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

It appears, from what I can deduce, that the settings have been altered in some way or another. You could try setting the player back to it's default setting (last resort) and then calibrate it again.

Alternatively, you could state what your settings are at the moment and I'll check these against my own.

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:It appears, from what I can deduce, that the settings have been altered in some way or another. You could try setting the player back to it's default setting (last resort) or if you like, you could state what your settings are at the moment and I'll check these against my own.

Thanks, Valian TX; I'll change back to the default setting and "tweak" from there, and let you know how I got on.

Will have to do this later, though. It's a sunny day and the "trouble & strife" insists we go out for a while!

A

Anonymous

Absolutely! Enjoy the sunshine while you can
emotion-59.gif

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:

It appears, from what I can deduce, that the settings have been altered in some way or another. You could try setting the player back to it's default setting (last resort) and then calibrate it again.

Alternatively, you could state what your settings are at the moment and I'll check these against my own.

Hi Valian TX, I'm back home, having performed my spousely duty, (taking She Who Must Be Obeyed out for the day in the sunshine, that is!). Well, I set the '35 back to the default setting, then changed the Secondary Audio to off and, thankfully, HD audio has now been restored. Strangely, the settings seem the same as when I lost HD audio, but hey, I'm simply grateful that all is well.

Many thanks for your input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts