panasonic 50vt65

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Peep's.

I currantly have the Pana 50VT50. I have noticed on standered definition the faces break up.. And they go greeny/yellow.. What is this? It's starting to annoy me a little. Beisdes that i have no issue with the set. I have the option of returning and getting the 50VT65 in return... Is the latter worth the additional cost? If so, can anyone direct me on to a good deal so JL can price match..

Thanks in advance,.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
civilian said:
I have the option of returning and getting the 50VT65 in return... Is the latter worth the additional cost?

The VT65 is certainly better, but I'm not sure if enough better to merit the price difference. In any case, the VT50 is no longer widely (if at all) available.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing. I'm actually looking for a good burgain that JL would price match.. If i can get something that suites me i would probably swap. Until then i'll hold on the the VT50

D

Deleted member 2457

The VT65 is worth the difference, I got a price match here with John Lewis:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4749

Yep, it is fantastic.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Gel.

thanks for the link. I had asked Jl to price match from TotalDigital they declined... They said it was because it was a third party company....

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
Hi Gel.

thanks for the link. I had asked Jl to price match from TotalDigital they declined... They said it was because it was a third party company....

Hi

It isn't a third party company, you do have to call it Total Digital, they do have a clearance website too but you are not allowed to use that one. They have a physical shop so there shouldn't be any problems. Here are some more options:

http://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/3860343/panasonic-tx-p50vt65-tx-p50vt65b.html

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for you reply's and help, much appreciated. JL have finally priced matched for me. I've been reading the fan makes noise when watching quiter scenes on movies or any other quiet moment..Is it really that bad?

P.S. sorry for late reply, work has kept me busy

D

Deleted member 2457

I am really fussy over things like this and I can't hear nothing, no buzzing and no fan noise either. :cheer:

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know. I think i'll take the step and return the 50VT50 for the 50vt65. I was holding back because i assumed the difference would not be that great.. But from the reviews from owners, there is.... Can you echo that Gel?

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
That's good to know. I think i'll take the step and return the 50VT50 for the 50vt65. I was holding back because i assumed the difference would not be that great.. But from the reviews from owners, there is.... Can you echo that Gel?

Yep, the VT65 is definitely better. It goes brighter, darker, more detail, better sound and better motion. It is a cracker!

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
civilian said:
I think i'll take the step and return the 50VT50 for the 50vt65.

Any chance of your trying to get the 55VT65, and paying the difference in price between that and the 50VT65? Bigger is definitely better.

Agreed. John Lewis website is currently out of stock of the 50 inch too.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
i can only cater for 50Inch Would love to go bigger, it just isn't possible. Update: JL have finally got the 50VT65 in stock...I just have to confirm i want it. Gel. or others, can you confirm its a big step up from my 50VT50..? The VT50 is supurb, the only issue i have with it is, faces break up and and ticnge of yellow and green appears when characters are walking of screen. with BR, PS it's fine. I don't want to purchase the 50VT65 and it has more problems... I have already experienced this with GT50/.. I wish not to go through that again.

P.S. JL were very strict this time around.. Even though i was in my rights. My past experiences have been great. I wonder why the change in attitude.

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
i can only cater for 50Inch Would love to go bigger, it just isn't possible. Update: JL have finally got the 50VT65 in stock...I just have to confirm i want it. Gel. or others, can you confirm its a big step up from my 50VT50..? The VT50 is supurb, the only issue i have with it is, faces break up and and ticnge of yellow and green appears when characters are walking of screen. with BR, PS it's fine. I don't want to purchase the 50VT65 and it has more problems... I have already experienced this with GT50/.. I wish not to go through that again.

P.S. JL were very strict this time around.. Even though i was in my rights. My past experiences have been great. I wonder why the change in attitude.

The VT65 is better made for sure. It is up to you though. It is better TV for sure.

stonehound

May 2, 2008
Visit site
I have the VT65 and the judder on panning shots on Sky HD (mainly people on white backgrounds) is an issue for me - it's very noticeable. No issue with BR though.

The other gripe I have with it is the well documented fan noise. I've arranged for mine to be investigated under warranty as it's very annoying.

Having said this, the picture qualify is amazing, especially in darker conditions.

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
civilian said:

Out of interest, can you let me know the timescales involved here?

You mention a GT50, when did you buy it and how long did you keep it (was it faulty?)

Your VT50, when did you buy this, and when did JL agree you could change it (has it been looked at by an engineer?)

Sorry for all the questions, but I too have a (documented on here) battle with JL going on, so I'm intrigued about your story

Thanks in anticipation

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's. I'm aware Gel does not have the fan issue .. You have, So i'm now aware it's something i should be careful of. I'm confused. Lol. I just need to pay £149, it's isn't much for a better TV.. But as i said, i do not wish to go through the GT50 experience.

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
Thanks for the reply's. I'm aware Gel does not have the fan issue .. You have, So i'm now aware it's something i should be careful of. I'm confused. Lol. I just need to pay £149, it's isn't much for a better TV.. But as i said, i do not wish to go through the GT50 experience.

They say there is a fan noise fix on the new models now. Mine is definitely quiet.

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
Really? Where have you read this Gel? is there another set out there i should consider for the same price?

Yep, I heard from member Strapped For Cash 3 months ago. Best to buy from John Lewis if you can. You got the Samsung LEDs at around £1600 in 55 inches. You got the Samsung plasma at around £1500 for the Samsung 51F8500 - this is a very good TV.

stonehound

May 2, 2008
Visit site
I know there is a panasonic fix for the fan noise on the 55VT65 but not the 50VT65.

I've arranged a panansonic engineer to come and look at mine next week.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll Defo be buying from JL.. Just be be future proof. I hope starped can jump on and give us his opinions. I think i will take the risk and exchange for the 50VT65. I recently purchased the B&W pm1's, Let's hope they can drown any fan noise.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

My 200 hundred hours are almost up for my 50vt65.. I must say, even with settings on low, I can already tell it's a lot better then my 50vt50. And i considered that set to be quality..

Fan noise isn't an issue thus far.. It's very faint, even at low volumes. i really do have to listen or look out for it to notice. No banding on footy, which is great as that's my main sport.

i wanted to ask where i could find the game mode? I can't seem to locate it like the oher Pana's

TRENDING THREADS