Pana Screen Punch-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm on the verge of a life-enriching purchase and would welcome some advice from those 'in the know'.
I've decided Panasonic is the way to go. And I'm currently juggling 3 screens; TX-32LXD70, TX-32LXD700 and TH-37PX70.

From what I can work out, the LX700 would give me the best on-board sound and also picture-in-picture. But plasma (37PX70) would give me a better representation of moving images. My main sources will be my HD freeview box and DVD (HDMI).

The distance from couch (potatoe) to screen is 3.58 metres so, I could go for either size. I'm planning on a relatively simple set-up, running the audio through my Arcam A65 plus Diva amp (with Quad 11L's). Any suggestions would be welcome....

A

Anonymous

I just got the 50pz700 and its an awesome set.

Not sure on how it compares to the others you have mentioned, but at 3.5m from the tv, I would be inclined to go for a bigger set than a 32".

Thats similar to my viewing distance and am so glad I got rid of the 32"

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I too would go for the 37"" plasma given your 2 main uses for the screen. With HD tv you will get much better handling of fast movement for sports etc. Also with you dvd you will get much better black levels which will give you far greater detail into dark scenes.

A

Anonymous

At that distance, I wouldn't buy a screen smaller than 42inch. But that's my preference and I have a 50inch at 3.5m so there you go. Definitely buy a plasma. The Panny screens are fab and gorgeous and good value, but don't count out the Samsung. Great value and great screens.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Agree with Will that 37 inches would be a bit small from that distance. I have a projector screen about 80 inches diagonal, at a distance of only 11ft or 3.35m from my seating position and it doesn't seem too big.

If budget allows, go for 42 inches minimum.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Price is not as big a issue as it once was (I paid over 4 grand for my first 42"" Panasonic) especially when you look at the actual price differnce between the 37"" Panasonic and it 42"" bigger brother with only about £100 in it.

A

Anonymous

Great - thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking either the 37" or 42" now. As it seems like the majority vote goes for a plasma over lcd. Although, as you mention projectors, whats the best suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Buy one when you have a dedicated room for it. Plasma is more practical.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts