Palmer Audio 2.5 Turntable

from what i've gathered in reading on the www (obviously all true, lol) the palmer is the kind of thing you buy when you've done messing around and should be the TT you end your days listening to. if that's the case, i would say get the best you can get, and enjoy.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I have heard the palmer with a SME M2 with a lyra delos, a audio note arm 2 with ortofon cadenza black, and SME M2 with a benz wood. How much would be down to the arm, and how much the cart I can not say, but I would go for the M2 and a lyra.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Interesting to see Syrinx PU2 'DNA' still surviving after 35 years. (Unmistakable despite being a bit more 'blingy'.)

Is there anything fundamentally new (rather than just old stuff reheated) in the world of turntables?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Anyway, talking of old DNA and 12" arms, here is something positively paleontological in origin ...

SME M2/12R

Ex hipster, middle-class folk were weaving their fondue laden hostess trolleys around the G-Plan sideboard in time to Jake Thackray compilations on their Tandbergs, Thorens' and SME 3009s whilst Mammoths still roamed the tundra. (I've seen the pics.)

Must be pretty good if it's been around for the whole of the Holocene.

Looks pretty on the Palmer ...

palmer.jpg

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Anyway, talking of old DNA and 12" arms, here is something positively paleontological in origin ...

SME M2/12R

Ex hipster, middle-class folk were weaving their fondue laden hostess trolleys around the G-Plan sideboard in time to Jake Thackray compilations on their Tandbergs, Thorens' and SME 3009s whilst Mammoths still roamed the tundra. (I've seen the pics.)

palmer.jpg

Sounds like the opening gambit of a 1970's television play witten by Mike Leigh:you can probably guess the ending.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Jim-W said:
chebby said:

SME M2/12R

palmer.jpg

Sounds like the opening gambit of a 1970's television play witten by Mike Leigh:you can probably guess the ending.

Black Forest gateaux and an Irish coffee probably. (Or wondering how to get solidified fondue cheese out of your Habitat woven bamboo placemats.)

chebby said:

SME M2/12R

palmer.jpg

It's palaeontological, but that's me being pedantic.

The turntable is far this side of Holocene as it has never seen an ice-age, although it is cool. :)

TRENDING THREADS