Pairing subwoofer to speakers

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
First, let me just say that I'm not a bass junkie.
Having said that I recently connected a subwoofer from my hometheater system into my stereo system and wow, it sounded good.
My system comprises a Rega Brio feeding into a pair of Kef Q350. The Q350 are warm with plenty of bass.

Now on to the decision part, I'm looking at the REL TZERO. I'm just looking to beef up my bottom end. However, I'm told that with my Q350 I'm better off with the REL T/5i. The main issue there is the extreme price point difference.

Would the TZERO make any improvements to my sound, or would it just be a drop in the bucket.

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
First, let me just say that I'm not a bass junkie.
Having said that I recently connected a subwoofer from my hometheater system into my stereo system and wow, it sounded good.
My system comprises a Rega Brio feeding into a pair of Kef Q350. The Q350 are warm with plenty of bass.

Now on to the decision part, I'm looking at the REL TZERO. I'm just looking to beef up my bottom end. However, I'm told that with my Q350 I'm better off with the REL T/5i. The main issue there is the extreme price point difference.

Would the TZERO make any improvements to my sound, or would it just be a drop in the bucket.
I have the T5i in my system. I think it’s a significant step up from the Zero in performance and specs (I believe the Zero has a digital amp compared to A/B in the 5 upwards). It improves the whole feel of the sound, I have it set very subtly and it transformed my system.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Ok, that's kind of my point, I'm not goint to drown out my mid or tweets with the sub, and if I just need to crank the TZERO a bit higher than that T5, I would.

PS. Also looking at the SVS SB-1000

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I would ask your dealer to let you trial the Zero for a weekend and see how you get on. It’s all about pressuring your room so you may find the Zero too small. If they think you might return it for the T5 they may be willing.
How bigs your room?

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Ok, my room is 6 x 4m so around the same. I really think you’ll need the T5i.
Well worth the £150 price difference. Good luck, be good to hear what you went with and the difference it made👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts