Pairing speakers with Denon system

What, both of your tweeters are dead?
Have you confirmed that by measuring their coils with a resistance meter?

If both are open circuit, then 🤔
Have you been playing it loud, distorted, too much treble boost??

The good news is that it shouldn't cost much to replace them.
assuming you can get replacements, never heard of those speakers and nor, it seems, has Google....

g.landboy

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
yes i measured and both are dead and yes I have play them load but according to numbers/ specification this should not had happened
When i bought them from swiss used item shop search this brand through google and couldn't find nothing hahah alien made them hahaah thanks for your replay
Cheers

Gray

hahah alien made them hahaah
Probably 😆

Trouble is, even though you were well within the maximum for the speakers - tweeters are often the first to suffer, as you've proved.

You really need only be concerned with physical size (more than critical frequency response spec) when searching for replacements.
In other words, it shouldn't be a problem that aliens made them - there should be plenty of suitable replacement tweeters available.

Reactions: g.landboy

Gray

Not knowing what these speakers cost it may be more economical to buy replacements
Yes @g.landboy, note the above.
Sometimes here in the UK, a famous chain will have the likes of Wharfedale Diamonds on sale for under £40. If that sort of option were available in your country, it would (very likely) give you better sound than you had (with working tweeters).

I saw a pair of silk dome tweeters for under £22. As with others, their magnet diameter is greater than yours so some modification of your cabinet would be necessary......but they're arguably better than your speakers need.

Have a look at these laughably cheap piezo tweeters - you can of course ignore the 'professional' label - they will not be high quality. However, they would bring back treble for you and, importantly, probably more readily withstand your volume levels. You can also forget about the series capacitor, as they wouldn't need it:
Depends whether their size would suit (you'd at least need extra screw and holes in different positions) but, not much to lose by going for them (y)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts