P2 vs. P3 - main differences etc.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last year I chanced upon a boxed Rega P2 at - of all places - a car boot sale. It's in ace nick and only set me back a tenner. I did try to tell the seller that it was probably worth a deal more, but she just said she wanted rid. Anyhow, since then I've been trying to suss out what the main difference between the P2 and P3 is - the Rega site didn't help me much. I'd say this particular P2 is about 10 years old. It's got a glass platter and looks the same as a friend's P3. *shrugs*

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Robbiekins, I know it was almost thirty years ago, but when I auditiond the Planar 2 & 3, there was a night - and - day difference. The 3 was so much better all round, it was as if I'd listened to the 2 in another room with the door shut. Can't say I've heard the current versions, but I'm guessing the differences will still be similar. I'd recommend the 3 over the 2 every time. They do look identical, but differences in the materials used for the plinth, and for construction, account for the improvement. You should be able to sell it on and make a decent profit, which you could invest in a better TT.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts